We are so excited to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's great to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
Knock is looking to hire its first in-house Corporate Counsel, this is an exciting opportunity to make your mark! This role will own the systems and artifacts around customer, partner, and service provider relationships and advise on a subset of compliance matters related to our business. More than just compliance and contracts management, this as an opportunity for you to use your legal, governance, and business skills to improve business outcomes and be valued as a material business stakeholder. This role is perfect for someone who is strategic, a builder, project oriented, and a master negotiator.
The Finance org is part of our Go To Market team; they partner directly with multiple stakeholders including Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Operations, Product, and Engineering. The team is responsible for owning various areas of business operations, including but not limited to: financial operations, revenue operations, business intelligence, FP&A, program management, and legal. This role will report directly to our VP of Finance who believes in giving you ownership of your role and helping to grow your presence and impact across the organization.
Day- to- day
- Translate business objectives into productive agreements with customers and partners, including the development of reusable templates for routine relationships.
- Establish and maintain a contracts management system and manage contract events.
- Advise, and advocate for, Product and Engineering with regards to legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
- Stay current on applicable laws and regulations (Fair Housing Act, TCPA, CPRA, FCRA, etc.)
- Collaborate with HR on employment agreements and matters, CapTable management.
- Coordinate escalations and outsourced projects with outside counsel.
- Participate in Finance activities, such as M&A, debt, and equity raises.
- Law Degree
- Good standing with the Bar
- Experience advising businesses on general legal matters
- Experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing contracts
- Experience managing contracts (inventory, analytics, renewal processes)
Nice to haves
- SaaS or law firm experience
- Econ background
- Privacy law experience
- Employment law knowledge
Why you'll love it here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with a match program to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm focused on the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the awesome #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
2021 Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work
2021 Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Companies to Work
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily®
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women
Knock is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.