Corporate Legal Counsel at Pushpay
Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
We recently announced the exciting news of Pushpay and Church Community Builder merging together to deliver a best-in-class fully integrated church management system (ChMS), custom community app, and giving solutions for organizations in the faith sector. The combination of our two companies gives us complimentary world class solutions for our customers and aligns strongly with Pushpay’s core strategy of providing innovative, market-leading solutions for customers.
What you will do at Pushpay…
As Corporate Counsel, you will provide legal advice on both strategic and operational matters, advise the Leadership team and Board of Directors on issues currently and potentially affecting the Company, and act as a business advisor by understanding the organization’s strategic direction and providing salient legal advice.
This person will be a critical leader in the creation and execution of the company’s strategy, and manage the day-to-day activities of the legal division including corporate governance, intellectual property, marketing regulatory compliance, contracts, licensing, employment matters, information security, and other relevant business issues.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations, advising when and when not to take calculated risks that are in Pushpay’s best interest.
You will have a board range of responsibilities, including:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including software licensing, SaaS, professional services, and confidentiality;
- Assisting with protection of Pushpay’s data and intellectual property rights;
- Providing guidance to internal teams, including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Product Development, Partnerships, and Finance; Information Security
- Staying up to date on changing laws, regulations, and industry standards;
- Advising the business on privacy, information security, intellectual property, marketing and regulatory compliance matters;
- Managing outside counsel;
- Assisting with additional projects as needed.
- Have a J.D. and be admitted, active and in good standing with at least one State Bar
- 3 - 6 years of combined relevant experience in law firms and/or in-house legal departments (in-house experience is strongly preferred)
- Strong general commercial contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team
It will be essential that you communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to both communicate concisely and function autonomously -- integrating legal and business knowledge to provide balanced advice.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN REDMOND, WA
Pushpay is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!