A little bit about us…
Our company is a well-financed, financial technology start-up located in the Pacific Northwest. Currently we are just over 20 employees and are looking for an attorney to help us deliver our game changing product/platform. At Transparent Systems we are transforming global financial settlements with an open universal platform that enables secure, frictionless payments through distributed cryptographic systems. Our product offering supports applications from B2B payments and cash management for financial institutions to cross border transactions and remittances.
What you’ll be doing
• Work closely with the engineering and business teams to develop distributed governance rules and policies
• Engage with network stakeholders on governance issues and advise on compliance & implementation
• Outreach to regulators and legislators to educate and ensure compliance
• Contract management for software licensing, NDAs, MOUs, other commercial agreements
• Negotiate commercial agreement terms
• Advise internal stakeholders on existing and proposed contractual rights & remedies
• Assist in implementing OSS strategy; audit and review software licenses to ensure compliance
What’s in it for you
• Work on novel, cutting edge legal questions
• Develop new legal and regulatory frameworks, direct impact on product and business
• Competitive start-up salary
• Full benefits package
• You can learn and grow in role while making a huge impact
• Fun place to work with smart people
• Collaborative environment and a small team, make a big impact immediately
What you bring to us
• J.D., active member of at least one state bar in good standing.
• Substantial legal experience
• Experience with payment systems, financial services, blockchain and DLT
• Get things done in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
• You thrive on collaboration
• You’re excited to help create novel legal frameworks for distributed financial systems
Your ‘extra’ experience
• FinTech, blockchain, banking, or payments industry experience
• Understanding and participation in open source software communities
• You lead by doing and empower teammates to achieve their goals
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To agencies: We are currently not working with agencies, thanks.
Read Full Job Description