Data Analyst, Legal & Compliance at Flexport
At Flexport, our mission is to make global trade easy and accessible for everyone. Whether it’s screening for denied parties or shipping dangerous goods, compliance is embedded in everything we do. That’s where the Legal & Compliance Team comes in. Collectively, we own 15+ topics/programs that empower Flexporters across 17+ offices worldwide with practical, risk-mitigating solutions.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join us and drive our data strategy. From designing key metrics for complex systems to creating compelling data visualizations, you’ll be the analytical partner to our senior leaders, regional managers and program owners. It’s a role that’s first of its kind - you’ll not only drive impact but also learn a lot about global trade!You will:
- Collaborate with program owners from both Legal and Compliance to design key metrics and build compelling, easy-to-digest dashboards for automated reporting
- Create and analyze datasets to identify data patterns, improve data quality and enable data-driven decisions
- Contribute to how product features and operational processes are designed/updated
- Identify opportunities for automating audit procedures
- 3+ years of professional experience in an analytical role(s)
- Fluent in SQL - Looker or Snowflake experience is a plus!
- Experience translating non-technical requirements into metrics, reports and dashboards
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.