Employment and Compliance Counsel
Unity is looking for an Employment and Compliance Counsel to join its growing legal team. In this role, you will partner with the People team and the Legal team to focus on employment and compliance related matters across our global organization, advising at all levels of the organization both domestically and internationally on matters relating to employment law. You will oversee the strategic development and implementation of the company's employment programs, will partner with our corporate team in counseling on matters relating to expansion into new jurisdictions and integration efforts relating to recently acquired companies and businesses. You will have the chance to lead the employment legal function here as we scale our processes and standards across our international footprint.
- Advise and counsel on a range of employment law issues, including recruiting, hiring, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, leaves of absence and accommodation, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, employee privacy, contingent workforce issues, and immigration
- Partner with internal teams to develop and refine employment, recruiting and compensation practices, policies, and processes
- Draft and review employment-related agreements and templates
- Manage all legal aspects of employment-related disputes, administrative claims and litigation by partnering with our People team and outside counsel
- Develop and conduct training and education programs relating to employment and compliance matters
- Conduct diligence and advise on employee-related issues in mergers & acquisitions
- Coordinate with regional counsel to ensure consistent application of process and standards globally
- Collaborate with legal colleagues to create and implement practical, accessible compliance structures to help scale the legal function
- Relevant experience in employment law in a law firm and/or corporate law department
- Experience at leading law firm with national or international presence
- Experience with major federal employment laws such as Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FLSA and applicable state equivalents, as well as policy development in support of those laws
- Some experience advising on employment matters under non-US employment laws, including in EMEA and APAC jurisdictions
- Ability to draft documents, policies, messages and anything else in a very precise manner, while still being concise and digestible for non-lawyers
- Strategic thinker who ‘gets’ the business implications: we don’t think of our approach to legal issues in a vacuum—you need to be passionate about how our legal approach impacts our business
- Practical get-things-done person: Unity is a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dig in place—if you just want to opine without digging in, this may not be the place for you
- Communication and collaboration driven: If you like to connect dots and connect people, you’ll love this role
- Curious, with a sense of humor: You are curious about Unity’s cool technology, our amazing developers and how to maximize the success of each and can appreciate the humor that comes with our exciting challenges
- May require some travel
- Experience with other compliance areas, including export control, sales compliance, FCPA and other anti-bribery laws
- Prior in-house experience working with advertising, enterprise software, Internet or high-tech companies
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.