Lab Systems Engineer Intern at NetMotion Software
What We’re Looking For:
NetMotion Software is seeking an intern to assist with the day to day functions of our Development Lab/Datacenter in our Seattle office! This person will assist with monitoring the trouble ticket system, request additional information, and act as first tier support and escalate as needed. Other duties will be to assist with administration as well as maintaining the various functions of the datacenter.
This internship is a great opportunity to work with cutting edge software and hardware! Our lab intern will also learn the full datacenter stack, including compute, networking, and storage.
We are looking for someone who is able to take direction, has initiative, is coachable, has excellent organization ability, and good customer service. This position may be required to lift up to 50lbs at times.
In order to get a good grasp of what we do in our lab and to see your contributions through to fruition, this internship will last through the end of 2020.
We prefer for Juniors, Seniors, or Graduates who are majoring in Information Technology, Information Systems, Informatics, or other technology related areas.
We have a fairly complex system, so the best way to really learn and understand how we do what we do is to dive in get your hands dirty! Our internship is very hands-on and will require you to come in with some experience or understanding of the following technical concepts:
- Fundamental network troubleshooting including the OSI network model
- Understanding of common network infrastructure services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Certificate Authority
- Understanding of network hardware functionality such as firewalls, switches, hubs, routers, and Wi-Fi
- Familiarity with OS virtualization
Other important knowledge to have:
- Fundamental workstation, laptop, server troubleshooting
- Familiarity with both Windows Client and Server OS (Windows 7, 10 and Server 2012R2, 2016)
- Familiarity with Apple OSX and IOS
- Familiarity with Linux and Android
The really, really nice-to-haves:
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIs, and Certificate Authority
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
Who We Are:
For nearly 20 years, we’ve worked with a simple philosophy: help the connected world move more smoothly, seamlessly and productively. NetMotion is a Mobile Performance Management and Security software company that gives organizations with mobile workforces the connectivity, visibility and control needed to solve the common challenges of the mobile workforce.
If you join our team you will be working with talented colleagues who have a passion for industry leading technology. At NetMotion, we want people to enjoy the work that they do so we provide our team members with the tools and support they need to be successful. In addition, we have a collaborative and unpretentious environment where creativity is valued.
NetMotion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; national origin; ancestry; religion; creed; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; marital status; economic status; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; age; veteran status; or the use of a service animal.