Legal Administrative Assistant
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a highly motivated Legal Administrative Assistant who will assist with the continuous improvement of the company’s various compliance initiatives in areas such as global trade compliance, legal compliance, and merchandising compliance. The goal of this position is to coordinate, support, and enhance internal compliance procedures and processes.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining programs, policies, procedures and controls to ensure company-wide compliance with trade compliance initiatives
- Organize and maintain documents and records
- Partner with the International Team to ensure seamless delivery to Blue Nile’s international customers
- Maintain and update compliance information on the website and product catalog
- Assist with a variety of audits and assessments including import/export audits
- Support internal compliance training programs
- Provide occasional reports as needed
- Act as the Compliance Team’s subject matter expert (SME) for internal tickets and inquiries
- Help maintain the company’s HTS classification database and COO database
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers on a variety of compliance matters
- Stay informed of changes in global trade and compliance requirements
- Ad hoc legal and compliance projects
- College degree in international business, legal studies, supply chain, or finance; or equivalent work experience in a compliance-related role.
- 1+ years related work experience, required.
- Strong passion for international trade or legal compliance
- Exceptional organization skills with an affinity for being detail oriented
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Comfortable with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Curious-minded, eager to learn and able to adapt quickly to shifts in tasks and priorities
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount