Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Are you an experienced, highly engaged, and dynamic lawyer looking for the opportunity to join a mission-oriented, innovative, high-growth organization? If so - come join us!
Remitly is looking for a senior fintech, payments, and commercial attorney to support our growing and disruptive digital payments business serving immigrants. Reporting to our Deputy General Counsel, this lead attorney will take a major role in handling commercial and payments development, negotiate high stakes strategic agreements as well as provide regulatory product counsel to accelerate the growth and success of the Remitly service. You will be an essential senior leader of our growing legal team, managing internal and external counsel and partnering with business teams around the world.
What You'll Do
- Provide expertise in payments and commercial support to US teams by structuring, drafting, and negotiating agreements with key commercial partners including banks, payment schemes, payment processors, and disbursement partners around the world.
- Provide regulatory guidance to product development and commercial teams in connection with the development of innovative products to better serve the financial needs of immigrants. Develop strong relationships, collaborate, and advise our business, compliance, and information security teams as lead product counsel.
- Partner with the business to create policies and systems necessary to scale our rapidly expanding global remittance business.
- You will manage procurement and our vendor management program.
- Build and. lead a team of U.S. attorneys to assist with the provision of these services to the North American business teams.
- Identify opportunities and independently lead the implementation of process improvements.
- Participate in other legal team projects, including the management of emergent legal issues.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience as in-house transactional legal counsel and/or with a top national or international law firm.
- You build relationships and work with business partners and legal and compliance colleagues to drive growth and serve our vision of providing the most trusted financial services to our customers.
- You are barred in Washington, New York, California, or Delaware with expertise in commercial (IP/IT), corporate, and regulatory with a focus on Financial Services and Technology.
- You are willing to travel globally, and consistent with Covid travel safety guidelines
- Inspired to innovate - you are an experienced attorney who uses regulatory and commercial expertise to guide efficient execution.
- You have a desire for ownership and excel in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Aligned with our mission and values
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer