Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
We are looking for a talented team player to join our in-house legal team. You’ll work closely with our Legal team help us be the most technologically innovative legal department in the industry. This is an opportunity to join a rocketship and make an impact from day one.
You will be responsible for a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Managing the legal department’s technology including deploying new department technology initiatives to improve legal team productivity and maintaining technology solutions.
- Advising the legal department on company needs, researching and suggesting new legal technology solutions.
- Providing oversight on legal department technology budget and spend, including building dashboards to track spend, implementing cost control initiatives, and liaising with finance and legal to provide routine budget updates.
- Managing complex cross-functional projects that support the legal department’s continuous operational improvement.
- Organizing and drive legal technology initiatives across teams.
- Recommending process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Creating reports (both general and complex) from contracts database and other technology tools, working with internal database users on their reporting requests.
- Other projects as assigned.
You must have a J.D. degree, be a member in good standing of at least one State Bar and have significant experience and expertise in the following areas:
- 7-10 years of prior technology project management or legal operations experience.
- J.D. or significant experience working within an in-house legal department is required.
Experience in the following preferred Industries:
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!