PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
As a Paralegal, you will join PayScale’s legal team on a temporary basis to primarily support the Sales and Customer Success teams by negotiating and drafting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) agreements from start to finish. You’ll report into the General Counsel and will support the legal team by handling a variety of legal matters, including, but not limited to, contracts management. You will be responsible for contract negotiation, extension, renewal, and management, and you will communicate contractual changes and any associated risks to your internal business partners. In this role, this individual will:
- Assist Account Executives from the Sales organization in crafting, negotiating and executing contracts as well as assisting Customer Success team members in making modifications, changes and amendments to existing contracts.
- Analyze and handle a wide variety of commercial contracts including master services agreements, statements of work, software license agreements, professional services agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex commercial contract agreements, providing interpretation and risk assessment for RFPs and external vendor contracts.
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Act as the face of the legal department and the company while negotiating contractual and business related issues with customers.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as finance, sales operations, and sales leadership, on company policy and procedure.
The Person: The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Experience negotiating with companies of all sizes, up to and including Fortune 500 organizations.
- Strong working knowledge of contract law, intellectual property law, and data protection law, with the ability to research and stay up to date on the changing legal landscape.
- Expertise in legal drafting and contract formation, while being able explain legalese in plain English.
- Ability to work independently as well as the identify when counsel should be consulted
- Have sound business and legal judgement in ambiguous and ever-changing situations.
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills, the capacity to take on dynamic and opposing priorities, and follow through and meet quick turnaround times.
- Exceptional attention to detail, including thoroughness and accuracy, while meeting deadlines.
- Common sense and a good sense of humor are required.
- 3-5 years of paralegal or contracts management experience. Experience with a focus on reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial tech contracts preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD or advanced paralegal certification preferred.
- In-house, corporate legal experience required.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
- Flexible work hours and potentially ability to work from home