Privacy, E-Commerce and Commercial Contracts Attorney
EagleView is looking for a Privacy, E-Commerce and Commercial Contracts Attorney to join our growing team! The privacy, e-commerce and commercial contracts attorney will support the company in data protection and privacy matters, support online product sales, marketing and product development and negotiate commercial contracts. The ideal candidate brings strong negotiation and legal skills, solid business instincts and judgment and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- As part of commercial group, review, markup/draft (from forms and from scratch), negotiate and close commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, licenses, and supporting documents in support of sales teams. Experience reviewing and negotiating vendor and service provider contracts
- Primary attorney for IT privacy and data security teams, responsible for supporting chief privacy office to maintain privacy compliance and data protection efforts globally
- Ensure maintenance of programs to provide company-wide compliance with international privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Strong background in U.S. and Canadian privacy law, including Online Behavioral Advertising Principles, State Data Breach Notification laws, State Data Protection Laws, Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission privacy guidance and enforcement actions, GLBA, HIPAA, PIPEDA, FCRA/FACTA, CAN SPAM, CASL, and COPPA IAPP
- Provide advice regarding delivery of SAAS and IaaS products as well as the use of open source content and delivery of services using open source
- Oversee legal trademark process and review of marketing, advertising, e-commerce, and social media assets, including promotional messages, print ads, emails, websites, social media posts, offers and provide feedback to internal clients.
- Review aspects of web and mobile app development, including maintenance of e-commerce terms & conditions, payment regulation, credit card and other methods, tracker technologies and cookies
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision-making among the IT group, product team, legal team, operations and other various internal departments
- Develop a position and articulate that position to internal clients and external customers, attorneys and other professionals
- Negotiate contractual terms and suggest viable alternatives during negotiations to lessen the company's risk and maximize benefits to the company
- Other duties as required
- J.D. degree with 6 to 8 years' experience in Privacy, data protection and ecommerce
- Experience with drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including service agreements, technology-related licenses and similar documents
- Proven ability to define legal issues and legal risks