Product Legal Counsel at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Product Legal Counsel
Santa Clara, CA; San Diego, CA; Remote U.S.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an outstanding product attorney with 5+ years of experience in product counseling to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Director, Legal--Products and Technology Transactions. The position will be primarily responsible for advising on a wide variety of product development and release matters, including negotiating technology transactions, inbound technology licenses, development agreements, pre-release agreements, product documentation reviews, and performing first-line product privacy reviews. The position requires a team player who is business oriented and will provide exceptional practical work product in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The position will be based in Santa Clara, San Diego, or remote location in the U.S.
What you get to do in this role:
· Provide practical legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment
· Work cross-functionally with business, engineering, program management, operations, and other partners to further the Company’s position as a leader in the industry
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has/is:
· Current member in good standing of a U.S. state bar
· 7+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company advising clients in the full range of product development matters, such as privacy, go-to-market, technology licensing, and general intellectual property and licensing matters
· Significant experience drafting and negotiating technology transactions and handling complex IP-related legal issues
· The ability to independently investigate and understand new issues, technologies and functionality, and communicate the results of that investigation across a variety of relevant teams
· Comprehensive understanding of the enterprise IT industry, particularly with regard to cloud computing and software businesses
· A very strong orientation as a team-player and a bias for sharing information
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment and an innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives
· A self-starter able to prioritize workload to set goals and meet deadlines in a fluctuating and sometimes ambiguous environmentQualifications
· At least a few years of the candidate’s total years of experience should be from the in-house legal department of a software or online services technology company
· Substantive expertise in intellectual property law and experience negotiating complex global agreements, including technology partnerships, software licensing, SaaS subscriptions and marketing
· Substantive experience in privacy counseling
· A technical background, such as IT, programming, or software engineering experience
· A love of learning new things and a sense of humor
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.