Senior Compliance Analyst at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia; and licensed by multiple U.S. state banking agencies. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering program. Reporting to our US Compliance Officer, the Compliance Analyst will you will dive into a variety of tasks ranging from managing Remitly's global licensing responsibilities to ongoing engagement in the development of our AML compliance programs.
- Maintain a database of licensing requirements, including periodic reports and renewal applications, for the Remitly Group of international money transmitters.
- Be the primary liaison with state banking agencies for all licensing matters and manage third-party audits.
- Track to completion all corrective actions arising from AML risk assessments, independent reviews and regulatory audits.
- Work across teams as a source of information about relevant compliance procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Manage compliance training for new employees and existing employees in specific compliance related areas.
- Manage responses to regulatory complaints and law enforcement requests.
- Help review potential suspicious activities and submission of Suspicious Activity Reports in all relevant jurisdictions.
- Assist Compliance Officers with projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an AML Compliance role within a financial services business in a Fintech or e-commerce environment.
- Experience with online payments framework.
- Experience with anti-money laundering regulations within the banking/financial services industry.
- Understanding of technology and best practices in the compliance field.
- Experience solving complex problem and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience communicating with external auditors and regulators.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and regulatory developments.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in anti-money laundering and regulatory policies.
- Work with others to identify and resolve issues.
- Share information and keep team members and supervisors informed.
- Four-year degree and AML Compliance professional certification preferred.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer