Senior Corporate Counsel at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly is looking for an experienced commercial attorney to negotiate high stakes agreements and provide regulatory product counsel to accelerate the success of our growing FinTech business. Reporting to our General Counsel, you will be an essential member of our legal team, partnering with business teams around the world as we expand our business through new commercial agreements, advising internal partners on commercial and regulatory product matters of varying levels of complexity, and managing a range of corporate governance issues.
What You’ll Do:
- Support our business as counsel negotiating agreements with essential vendors, banks, payment processors and disbursement partners around the world.
- Partner with the business to create the policies and systems necessary to grow with our rapidly expanding global remittance business.
- Identify opportunities for and independently lead the implementation of process improvements
- Participate in other legal team projects, including managing emergent legal issues.
- Manage multiple outside counsel relationships in your area of scope.
Who You Are:
- Washington State qualified corporate lawyer with strong legal expertise in commercial (IP/IT), corporate and regulatory with a focus on Financial Services and Technology.
- Transactional background; familiarity with financial technology transactions
- Working knowledge of payments, financial services regulation, and consumer-facing fintech business and industry preferred.
- 6+ combined years of legal experience as an in-house transactional legal counsel or in a top national or international law firm.
- You have the ability to identify a range of legal issues and risks, and advise within a structured commercial framework
- You're excited to travel globally, as needed
- Preferred knowledge of global privacy laws and regulations
- Ideally you’ve worked in a company during a period of expansion from hundreds to thousands of employees and with a global presence
- Senior legal management and team leader skills
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are looking for team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer