Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is looking for an experienced corporate attorney to advise the global business on corporate financing, global treasury and corporate governance matters. You will also manage our securities matters including applicable SEC reporting and compliance requirements. In this newly created role reporting to our General Counsel, you will be a key member of our growing legal team, partnering with business teams around the world as Remitly continues to expand its business.
What You'll Do:
- Support our global business as lead counsel on corporate and securities issues. This includes the management of external counsel relationships, partnering with senior colleagues across teams, and reviewing and negotiating transaction documentation, filings and agreements.
- Partner with the Remitly Global Finance and Treasury teams on corporate financing transactions, including equity investment, debt financings, and other financial products to be undertaken by the Remitly corporate group.
- Oversee, maintain and provide support to the global corporate group, its Board of Directors and Committees in the areas of corporate governance, policies and oversight responsibilities.
- Review and negotiate ordinary course agreements in the Finance and Treasury areas.
- Participate actively in other legal team projects, including managing emergent legal issues.
Who You Are:
- Qualified corporate lawyer with bar admission in a major jurisdiction (preferably Washington, New York, Delaware or California)
- You have legal expertise in securities regulation and capital markets transactions, corporate finance, corporate governance, and private equity/venture capital financing transactions.
- 5+ combined years of legal experience as an in-house corporate transactional legal counsel or in a top national or international law firm, with preference for both in-house and law firm experience
- You adapt, organize, and prioritize with ease. You're a great negotiator, and presentation is a forte.
- You can identify a range of legal issues / risks and advise within a structured and analytical commercial framework
- You're a master of communication, feel at home working with and advising senior executives of an organization, and are comfortable working closely with our board of directors.
- You work with partners and legal colleagues cooperatively and efficiently
- Willingness to travel globally (when permitted within company and Government safety guidelines)
- Bonus if you have a focus and working knowledge of the Fintech Industry
- We're really excited to talk with you if you have senior legal management and team leadership.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer