Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is looking for an experienced commercial and payments attorney to support our growing digital payments business. This attorney will counsel the business on commercial and payments matters, negotiate high stakes strategic agreements and provide other commercial and regulatory counsel to accelerate the success of our service. As a member of the senior leadership team in Legal, you will partner with business teams around the world as Remitly expands its business through novel commercial agreements, and advising internal partners on commercial matters of varying levels of complexity.
What You'll Do
- Support our business as senior counsel structuring, drafting and negotiating agreements with key commercial partners including banks, payment schemes, payment processors and disbursement partners around the world.
- Partner with our business to create the policies and systems necessary to scale with our rapidly expanding global remittance business.
- Collaborate with our business and compliance teams to structure and deliver on innovative payments models.
- Identify opportunities for and independently lead the implementation of process improvements
- Participate actively in other legal team projects, including managing emergent legal issues.
- Manage procurement and vendor management program with assistance of specialized paralegal support.
- Identify a range of legal issues / risks and advise within a structured and analytical commercial framework
Who You Are
- Qualified corporate lawyer, barred in Washington State, New York, California or Delaware, with legal expertise in commercial (IP/IT), corporate and regulatory with a focus on Financial Services and Technology. Working knowledge of payments, financial services regulation, payment network rules (e.g. Visa / MasterCard) and consumer-facing FinTech business and industry.
- 6+ combined years of legal experience as an in-house transactional legal counsel or in a top national or international law firm.
- Your communication reaches all audiences, and you present your work to all levels with ease.
- Willingness to travel globally, as needed and consistent with Covid travel safety guidelines
- Working knowledge of commercial agreement implications of global privacy laws and regulations
- Experience at a company during a period of rapid growth
- Strong transactional background, with familiarity or financial technology and banking / payment transactions
- Ideally, you have managed a team of professionals in the legal field.
Remitly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all employees and qualified applicants
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer