Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is looking for an experienced product, regulatory and corporate counsel to advise on our Passbook service and other new product development, advise on high stakes enterprise agreements to accelerate the success of our growing FinTech business, and lead our mergers and acquisition (M&A) activity. Comprising part of the senior legal leadership team, you will partner with many team members across our business, including our corporate and business development functions as Remitly expands its business through strategic acquisitions and partnerships, new commercial agreements, and financing needs in evolving regulatory contexts.
What You'll Do:
- Support our business as senior lead counsel for our Passbook product and other new products and provide regulatory and commercial guidance to guide product development and commercialization thereof.
- Negotiate strategic payments agreements with important partners around the world.
- Support our global business as lead counsel on domestic and cross border M&A transactions. This includes the management of external counsel relationships, partnering with senior partners across teams and reviewing/negotiating transaction documentation, filings and agreements.
- Partner with the business to create the policies and systems necessary to scale with our growing global remittance business.
- Identify opportunities for and independently lead the implementation of process improvements
- Participate in other legal team projects, including managing emergent legal issues.
Who You Are:
- Washington State qualified corporate lawyer with legal experience in M&A, commercial (IP/IT) and lending with a focus on Financial Services and Technology.
- Working knowledge of payments, financial services regulation, and consumer-facing FinTech business and industry.
- 6+ combined years of legal experience as an in-house transactional legal counsel and/or in a top national or international law firm.
- You draft effective, concise communications and can present to partners at all levels with ease
- You identify a range of legal issues / risks and can advise within a structured, data-driven commercial framework
- Working knowledge of global privacy laws and regulations
- You're excited to work in a company during a period of growth from hundreds to thousands of employees and with a global presence
- Willingness to travel globally observing CDC guidelines (Remitly is committed to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer