Senior Manager, Corporate Counsel at Getty Images
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com . The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Who you are:
You are a litigator with experience in both civil litigation and employment. You will work with the global claims team to manage dispute resolution and resolve complex claims and litigation. You will also give advice and support to the HR team in the Americas by assisting with internal investigations and resolution of employee claims.
You will work with an experienced, smart, diverse, and fun team of lawyers and professional staff who are passionate about our mission—to move the world with images. Most importantly, you are a person of integrity who is curious and proactive with a desire to learn and seek out challenges—all with a sense of humor and humility.
Your Next Challenge:
- Advise legal leadership regarding matters that may include or evolve into litigation risk; partner with claims and commercial teams to drive resolution of commercial disputes prior to litigation with an emphasis on working cross-functionally to achieve commercially optimum outcomes while minimizing total cost to the business.
- Assist HR and legal teams in internal investigations and resolution of employee claims, business reorganizations, employee exits, compliance training, and other best practices for risk mitigation.
- Support the business on issues relating to policies and benefits; review and negotiate agreements with HR vendors and service providers.
- Work with colleagues to coordinate litigation holds, document collection, and e-discovery.
- Assist internal teams by providing advice and assistance regarding the pursuit of intellectual property infringements; work with outside counsel to manage IP enforcement litigation.
What you’ll need:
- Desired 5+ years relevant experience with civil litigation and employment disputes; advising on benefits and other HR policies, and experience with IP litigation and/or transactions preferred.
- Experience working with and advising organizations with global reach on cross-jurisdictional implications of business decisions preferred.
- Knowledge of new media and relevant legal implications, including trends in copyright, trademark, and right of publicity.
- Juris Doctorate and member in good standing with at least one State Bar – NY or WA preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and settlement agreements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience drafting motions, including complex motions for summary judgment and other dispositive briefs.
- Experience responding to subpoenas and coordinating document production and other discovery responses; experience in preparing witnesses for depositions and trial strongly preferred.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams.
- Analytical skills related to identifying and solving problems in a busy environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.