Are you a driven salesperson looking to join an industry leader?
Are you passionate about travel and adventure?
Are you ready to help people go places?
Expedia Local Expert sells activities and services including theme park tickets, theatre shows, tours, attractions, ground transfers, and airport parking to consumers before they leave on their trips and/or while they are in destination.
As an Acquisition Manager with us, your primary responsibility will be to acquire new partnerships and products in several states within the US. This position has daily interaction with external prospective partners, other members of the Local Expert (LX) Team, and internal managers for multiple lines of business. You will initiate research, execute new product on-boarding strategy, and meet targets to ensure high-quality products are added to LX portfolio (i.e. relevant, attractive, and in demand), for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base.
What you'll do with us:
- Research and acquire new suppliers/products, in existing and new markets that will bring the greatest value to the business globally.
- Maximize revenue to achieve quarterly targets, driving implementation of internal business initiatives, and improving process efficiencies.
- Execute commercial plans to establish and build supply in emerging markets to ensure an extraordinary activity portfolio for Expedia customers and maximize revenue for the company
- Represent LX in broader business planning meetings and attend industry trade shows as necessary to prospect new suppliers
- Help to identify, prioritize, and drive operational improvements, such as new categories of supply, enhanced ticket types, streamlined redemption and accounting processes, etc.
- Work directly with LX Commercial team to increase conversion rates and revenue in key destinations
- Handle multiple competing and shifting priorities across the portfolio of existing and potential business
- Ensure that contracted products (content, rates and availability) is competitive on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
- Negotiating attractive offers, margins, inventory, and other commercial terms
- Gather unique market insights such as partner tools, reports, competitive data, and other and key performance drivers
- Market self-service tools and connectivity solutions to prospective partners
Who you are:
- Skilled with sales and negotiation: you can work effectively in your market or region, identify prospective partners, and negotiate successfully in a constructive, consultative, and collaborative manner.
- A good partner: you are able to build effective relationships through positive communication, integrity and trust.
- Strategic: you can understand the needs of the business, and anticipate and develop business priorities to meet them.
- Comfortable with complexity: you're able thrive in a complex, diverse, changing environment. This part of our business is changing and growing, and adaption will be key.
- Customer focused: you'll be working with internal and external customers and will need to understand and support their needs.
- Strategy Execution: Work against stretch targets, share ideas and initiatives that improve the organization's performance, handle costs, and drive change at all levels.
- Drive for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience with online/ecommerce travel preferred; particularly Activities/Things to Do
- Strong attention to details, analytical, organizational skills; able to design, prepare, and present business cases, performance reports independently
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.