Ad Ops Specialist at Ookla
Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
For this position, experience with Google Ad Manager and other digital advertising platforms and tools is a plus, but not required. We believe the ability to analyze data, learn fast, stay organized, and be proactive are the key skills on which this role relies.
As our ad ops specialist, you’ll be responsible for pulling together data from various sources, running and reporting on experiments, fielding advertising inquiries and much more. Some other day to day activities include:
- Setting up ad campaigns in our ad server
- Forecasting inventory availability for clients
- Forecasting ad revenue for management
- Identifying anomalies and diagnosing the unexpected
You’ll work alongside other members of our intelligence team collaboratively, and report to our ad operations manager. Further, many of Ookla’s employees proudly wear many hats, so responsibilities evolve over time as business needs dictate.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here](URL).Expectations for Success:
- Assist in gathering and logging critical advertising data from various portals
- Work closely and report to Ad Ops manager
- Assist in providing impression availability forecasts for potential direct advertising deals
- Field advertiser inquiries, communicate with potential vendors, and manage new vendor testing.
- Work with Legal on agreements for on boarding new vendors.
- Tune campaign delivery parameters to maximize revenue performance
- Review key metrics daily and investigate any potential problems
- Assist in monthly advertising invoicing and reconciliation.
- Forecasting quarterly revenue for management.
- Various one-off tasks as needed
- Fill in for other roles within the company as needed
- Get up to speed with day to day tasks
- Create, setup and refine template/tracker for testing programmatic price floors
- Run A/B tests on price floors
- Monitor and report on revenue loss related to iOS 14.5 rollout
- Evaluate and test betas related to Chrome removing 3rd party cookie
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you
for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with advertising industry metrics
- Knowledge of the programmatic advertising landscape a plus.
- SQL experience a plus
- Working with Charles or other debugging tools a plus.
- Numbers-oriented. Ability to detect outliers and anomalies and problem solve for these occurrences.
- Good understanding of broadband networks and technologies a plus
People come first at Ookla. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks (some of these benefits will resume when we are back in the office). Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.Location
While our preference is to have this person located at our Seattle headquarters, we are also open to having this position be remote elsewhere in the same time zone (PDT). We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Even after we open our offices back up.