Ad Ops & Yield Specialist
The Ad Ops & Yield Optimization Specialist is a critical role on System1’s social publishing team that will drive our day to day monetization efforts and help direct a roadmap for yield optimization opportunities . A successful candidate will be a self-directed, outgoing individual with significant experience and expertise in the display advertising ecosystem and a genuine desire to use data to identify value creation opportunities. The role will be based in our Venice, CA office, and will work frequently with our media buyers and analytics team in our Seattle, WA office. As such, competitive candidates will have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
The Role You Will Have
- Yield Analysis & Optimization
- Analyze the drivers of supply, demand and ad placement performance to inform pricing optimization, prioritize product initiatives, and build customer & advertiser value
- Build dashboard reporting that enables effective management of our ad ecosystem on a day to day basis
- Monitor changes in publisher site inventory to assess and alert teams of risk
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and conduct analysis to provide valuable insights to partner groups, including product, operations and finance
- Ad Operations
- Own and manage ad trafficking responsibilities such as working with partners on new tag generation and QA testing
- Monitor and report on ad server traffic in DoubleClick for Publishers, including troubleshooting and resolution of delivery issues, and blocking and tracking ads according to our partnership expectations
- Use a variety of sell-side platforms to manage ad traffic and activity for our internal and external partners, including but not limited to AppNexus, Index Exchange, and Rubicon
- Debug and test ads using browser developer tools such as Charles, Chrome, and Firefox
- Support the creation and troubleshooting of our Private Marketplaces initiative
What You Will Bring
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar analytic field
- Consultative, analytical approach towards delivering business results and process improvements
- Proficiency with ad monetization platforms (i.e. AppNexus, DFP, AdX, Rubicon, Google Ad Manager)
- 4+ years of working experience with experience in Ad Ops, ad trafficking, display advertising and/or QA testing.
- Strong analytical experience and business insight. Hands-on experience in online advertising pricing and yield management is helpful.
- Advanced Excel skills. Working knowledge of SQL and/or relational databases a plus
Read Full Job Description