Campaign Analytics & Operations Manager at Expedia Group
Do you love data? Do you like working in a lively, dynamic environment? Are you passionate about travel, and helping people connect through science and technology-based marketing efforts? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
Expedia is looking for a dynamic, analytical and operationally minded leader to execute campaigns with one of our top Metasearch partners. Enabled through analytics, technology, and data, Metasearch marketing is a large, ever-changing acquisition channel that presents a complex set of problems that are both challenging and fun. We are looking for gifted individuals from inside and outside of online marketing to face this problem set head-on. You should have a proven record of success orchestrating work across diverse teams, driving business processes and operations, and managing P&Ls in data-focused, technology companies.
Every single day our team crunches billions of data points to programmatically set bids for hundreds of millions of cost per click auctions all over the globe. Our market landscape, partners, and technology are constantly shifting. Join us as we use the Expedia platform to simplify travel!What you'll do with us:
- Extract data with SQL and apply statistics (e.g. distributions, clustering, evaluating confidence intervals) to make decisions.
- Understand and contribute to bidding algorithm development and priorities.
- Manipulate large data sets for business insights and implement solutions to improve Metasearch traffic value and increase return on investment.
- Troubleshoot and identify the root cause of operational issues (e.g. data quality, critical process degradation). Automate and/or streamline repetitive processes to improve individual and team effectiveness.
- Contribute to Meta product and tool development (APIs, bidding tools, dashboards, etc.) by engaging with Partners, Product, and Technical teams.
- Detect changes in key market drivers and apply analytics in order to present tangible business problems/actions (e.g. seasonality, partner UI changes, auction changes, competitor actions, partner marketing strategy).
- Communicate complex analytical topics in a clean & simple way to multiple partners and senior leadership (both internal & external).
- Perform and support quarterly forecasting for the performance of your channel.
- Influence partners through data and negotiation to facilitate commercial agreements, and or new marketing opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or Computational Finance or equivalent work experience. Master's degree / MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience or 3 years with a post-grad degree
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Foundational statistics experience (e.g. t-tests, probability distributions, regression analysis)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, SAS)
- Comfortable writing and working with complex queries in SQL/Hadoop
- Proven success working cross-functionally
- Excel and Tableau veteran
- Experience in online marketing, e-commerce, or equivalent role with an analytical bend
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.