Compliance Manager - Marketing (Remote) at Assurance
- Serve as a leader for the department and execute projects impacting multiple product lines as assigned.
- Promote a strong culture of ethics and compliance, with a customer first approach.
- Consultation and review of product positioning, agent scripts, product training, and/or marketing concepts to ensure adherence to company values, compliance policies, and applicable regulatory and carrier requirements.
- Providing consultative guidance for assigned product lines/functional area on compliance matters.
- Maintenance of aligned compliance policies and procedures and associated training and consultation on interpretation.
- Staying abreast of regulatory and carrier compliance requirements and updating associated compliance reference materials as needed.
- Subject matter support for the Compliance Risk Management Program (CRMP).
- Ongoing monitoring of business controls for the product line and escalating concerns.
- Assisting the CRMP team on assessments and testing plans for the product line.
- Providing consultative guidance on compliance issues and proposed remediations, and validation of remediation activity within a product line.
- Work collaboratively with peers in the Compliance Department to support a common framework while recognizing the distinct compliance considerations of each product offering.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Responsibilities may be adjusted based the candidate’s experience.
- 5 years in Compliance, or similar role with escalating responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of regulations associated with the marketing and offering products in a regulated industry
- Experience in health and life insurance industry preferred
- Experience with more than one sales channel (face-to-face, telemarketing, or digital) preferred
- Proven ability to research regulations and translate into actionable concepts that multiple levels of stakeholders can understand
- Strategic thinker with ability to influence at multiple levels
- As a member of the Compliance team, a successful candidate must understand the importance and value of collaboration to achieve objectives
- Develop strong and productive working relationships
- Be motivated to deliver on results and meet commitments
- Effectively set objectives and balance competing priorities
- Be organized and disciplined
- Demonstrate openness to new ideas and seek opportunities to learn