Content Marketing Manager at Skilljar
Are you a B2B storyteller who loves weaving together a compelling narrative with an emotional hook that resonates with your audience? If so, we have a phenomenal role for you on our Marketing Team as the Content Marketing Manager. Take the chance to get in early at a rapidly-growing startup that already has hundreds of awesome customers and is helping re-define the market for customer education and training software.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about crafting quality content that converts. You thrive on facing down skeptical and unaware prospects and converting them with engaging and insightful content. You enjoy combining left-brain digital marketing analytics with right-brain copywriting and editing. You do your best work in fast paced, agile marketing environments and have an overwhelming bias for action. You get it done. Your curiosity drives you to understand the needs, concerns, and challenges of our audiences that focus on customer onboarding, customer education, training, and product adoption.
We’re looking for an upbeat, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and excels in a dynamic environment. You are flexible, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. You will report to the Director or Product Marketing.Responsibilities
- Content Strategy: Define the Skilljar content strategy to evangelize and educate prospects along the buyer’s journey about customer education, product adoption, and customer retention. Collaborate with others to develop and update customer personas.
- Campaigns: Coordinate the execution of content for acquisition, retention, and expansion campaigns that span online and offline channels. Build and orchestrate a campaign calendar for campaign assets such as blog posts, emails, videos, and social media.
- Blog: Serve as the “editor-in-chief” of the Skilljar blog, writing and curating stories that engage our target personas and add value for our readers. Set strategy for the blog to help grow followers, drive conversions and engagement etc.
- Prospect Education: Decide which asset formats and topics that will improve prospect audience engagement and exceed opportunity generation targets. Partner with sales and other SMEs on sales enablement content including case studies, blog posts, and educational content about our products.
- Content Production: Manage key content projects with design, subject matter experts, and external resources to deliver impactful assets on time and on budget. Tap into external freelancers; while working closely with a hardworking team of internal creative staff.
- Content Distribution: Develop distribution strategies for new and existing content, with the help of the demand generation team. Work with our SEO agency to identify content opportunities that will boost organic growth.
- Analytics: Analyze content performance and identify insights to what channels and types of content are most impactful. Maintain an understanding of content assets and performance, conducting regular audits to ensure that Skilljar content is fresh and relevant.
- Research: Help define, research, and build core content assets, including Skilljar owned research, thought leadership, and how-to guides.
- Continued Learning: Remain up to date on the customer learning space, target verticals, and prospect personas to develop content that will engage and convert across our marketing channels.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years marketing experience creating content in a B2B setting.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to build it.
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance.
- Attention to detail, down to the last comma.
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, HubSpot, and the top social channels.
- Understanding of SEO principles as they relate to content creation.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and constantly evolving market feedback.
- Learning Management System or Customer Training experience a plus.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) experience a plus.
- Able to provide several writing samples. Portfolio of multimedia capabilities a plus.
- Startup experience a major plus.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.