Corporate Communications Manager at Expedia Group
The Corporate Communications Manager for Expedia Group will be central in developing, managing, and implementing comprehensive strategies that build and protect corporate reputation.
This role will coordinate a broad range of corporate and product-related communications activities that include finding creative ways to tell Expedia Group's story with credible business and technology press.
The qualified candidate will also lead other communication activities to grow the company's image and reputation through external speaking engagements.
What You Will Do:
- Support Senior Director in the development and implementation of strategic corporate communications plans.
- Proactively maintain relationships with existing and potential members of the media.
- Back up crisis communications team on PR issues.
- Develop exciting story angles and pitches related to company products, strategies and developments.
- Lead and influence internal and external partners as you run initiatives from development to release to ensure strength in storytelling.
- Exercise creative thinking to ensure Expedia Group leaders remain exciting and relevant externally.
- Research, write and/or take primary responsibility for the content and production of press releases, fact sheets and background materials.
- Assist in leading the work of outside public relations firm.
- Regular work with global communications counterparts to ensure consistency of message.
What You Bring:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills – including the ability to represent Expedia Group’s business at the highest levels internally and externally
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize work, meet deadlines and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding project management and social skills
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manager
- Some experience in issues/crisis management is a plus
- 4+ years PR experience in a corporate or PR firm environment; technology, consumer product, and/or travel experience preferred. Experience looking after corporate-level issues management preferred
- Media spokesperson experience a bonus along with media relations experience required; journalist references appreciated
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.