Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
What is this Opportunity?
We are looking for an extremely creative product marketer who is great at writing, content creation, and not afraid to be scrappy and do things differently.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Wyze, you’ll focus on understanding what Wyze products are–and why they matter. You’ll mainly oversee the entire go-to-market strategy consisting of pre-launch and launch, including writing web copy and managing the creation of product photos, videos, and packaging. You’ll also be responsible for the positioning, naming, messaging, competitive analysis, user insights, feature prioritization, and external communications for the products you work on. You’ll work with Wyze team members, cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, User Experience, Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing to design and launch products that grow all aspects of Wyze (from new products to users). You place equal emphasis on the product as you do the customer experience and are always fighting for the end-user.
- Be a leader: inspire and be part of a team of world-class marketing team.
- Own the product narrative: drive naming, positioning, and messaging, and ensure it comes to life across Sales, Marketing, and PR channels
- Launch stuff: work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Content Creation, and other Marketing teams to design the go-to-market strategy for new products, services, or features
- Be the voice of the customer: use research to develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Make our products awesome: deliver user insights that can help shape the product road map, optimize in-product experiences, and drive overall customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for great content creation
- A reel or portfolio of work
- Bachelors degree+ in a creative field
- Experience working in an advertising agency or equivalent experience writing briefs and working with external and internal creative and design teams to develop campaigns.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills–ability to influence all levels and work effectively across functions, geographies, and organizational boundaries.
- Excellent business judgment, creativity, analytical, strategic, innovation, and storytelling skills
Ready to be part of #teamwyze? Then please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin
profile. We also love covers letters that tell us all the amazing things you can do!
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s
how we do things!
Read Full Job Description