Customer Marketing Manager at PitchBook
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
The PitchBook Marketing team is looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and strategic Customer Marketing Manager to support our Customer Success team to find and nurture champions in our client base and ensuring our customer base is engaged, knowledgeable, and excited to be using PitchBook. As someone focused on outgoing content and messaging, the person who will do best in this role will develop and have a deep understanding of our customers and an ability to empathize, motivate, and build human bridges. This role requires a strong balance of creativity and refined execution, so we are looking for a candidate eager to experiment, explore new tactics and continually improve our ability to reach, inspire and educate our customers get the most impact out of PitchBook in ways that are measurable and efficient.
As we grow and retain our client base, this person will drive key marketing activities that range from creating and scaling communication efforts to improving product knowledge. This role is highly collaborative and will interface with Product Marketing Managers, Campaign Managers, marketing creative teams, and our CS team members to engage clients throughout their lifecycle, strengthen product engagement and deepen relationships with accounts. We're in search of a customer champion who is curious and exhibits a commitment to represent user needs in messaging and tactics for all programs and materials in market.
Ultimately, this position will focus on working with Client Success, Product Management, and Sales to build rapport with customers to help drive NPS, renewals, expansions, and quality product usage to promote our core value that customers are king.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Create ongoing programs in partnership with product marketing managers to align with new releases and influence product usage with existing features, including but not limited to product releases, newsletters, announcements
- Develop scaled yet customizable solutions for the CSM to effectively address user adoption, training, follow up, continued product education through email, webinars, template and collateral management
- Manage online customer reviews and generate client testimonials and case studies to share out insights and quotes to internal stakeholders (including, but not limited to marketing, CS, product departments) and external audiences
- Focus principally on users with PitchBook through
- Product education campaigns
- Regular communications - through marketing, through CSMs
- Work closely with multiple departments to facilitate a positive customer experience
- Assess current selling tools and marketing materials for Account Management team to determine scaled solutions to sell within sell within accounts, capitalize on seat-add opportunities, new group proposals, and on-site presentation
- Develop relationships with CS counterparts to gather relevant and widespread feedback and insight crucial to building and refining program details and outcomes
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of software marketing experience with a good understanding of the B2B SaaS and/or venture capital and private equity
- Bachelor's in business or marketing
- Self-starter attitude, empathetic, positive, and motivation to improve processes
- Passionate about understanding customers and providing them with great experiences
- Solid analytical foundation: a data-driven approach to this work is expected and helps enable innovation and creativity
- Strong communication, writing, and storytelling skills joined with a positive outlook and disposition
- A curator of deep relationships within the company and with our customers.
- Action-oriented, creative e, and innovative – we're a nimble company and that means we can be creative and experiment while having fun and providing for our customers
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.