At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The PitchBook Marketing team is looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and strategic Customer Marketing Manager to support our Customer Success team and expand our client base through subscription upgrades, new contracts and restarting prior clients. The person who will thrive in this role will seek a deep understanding of our customers, can identify the ideal targets for generating additional revenue and will shape resonant messages. We are looking for a candidate eager and equipped to design a comprehensive marketing plan specific to our existing accounts.
This person will drive key marketing activities that originate in saving time for customers, partnering with them in achieving their business goals and ensuring they have the information they need to win and invest with confidence. This knowledge will result in effective, targeted campaigns to compel clients to stay and grow with PitchBook. This role is highly collaborative and will interface with many departments at PitchBook, including Product Marketing Managers, Campaign Managers, marketing creative teams, Product and Institutional Analyst teams, and our CS team members to engage clients throughout their lifecycle, emphasizing value in our product and service offering and deepen relationships with accounts.
We are in search of a customer champion who is relentless in pursuing the most effective marketing programs for expanding our existing user base and exhibiting curiosity, flexibility in applying a variety of tactics with constant attentiveness to strategic goals.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Engage in close partnership with Customer Success Associate team (inside sales for generating demos and seat adds for existing clients) to evaluate and recommend ways to influence lead to demo and demo to close rates, for both inbound and outbound efforts
- Assess current selling tools and marketing materials for CS Account Management team to determine scaled bottom of funnel and prospecting solutions to sell within accounts, capitalize on seat-add opportunities, new group contracts and on-site presentations
- Nurture and appreciate customer champions globally through close partnership with CS teams, Brand Manager and Customer Experience Manager
- Identify opportunities for growth closely with Customer Success stakeholders and existing account data, develop high impact and scale campaigns for our Demand Generation team to execute upon – could include specific client type targeted efforts, regional activation, restarting prior clients, or programs for MM clients, for example
- Develop relationships with CS counterparts to gather relevant and widespread feedback and ideas crucial to building and refining program details and outcomes, both in small pilot experiments and in widespread efforts
- Perform analysis on marketable database to determine ideal targets, accounts and segments of the business to make the greatest impact
- Deep knowledge of existing account hierarchies to determine gaps and opportunities
- Complete understanding of churn and expansion indicators for all client buckets
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of software marketing experience with a good understanding of the B2B SaaS and/or venture capital and private equity
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing
- Self-starter attitude, empathetic, positive, and motivation to improve processes
- Passionate about understanding our customers, their workflows, businesses, industry and pain points
- Solid analytical foundation: a data-driven approach to this work is expected and helps enable innovation and creativity
- Strong communication, writing, and storytelling skills joined with a positive outlook and disposition
- A curator of deep relationships within the company and with our customers
- Action-oriented, creative, and innovative – we are a nimble company and that means we can be creative and experiment while having fun and providing for our customers
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.