Customer Marketing Specialist
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
The PitchBook Marketing team is looking for a Customer Marketing Specialist to support our Customer Success team. As we grow our customer base and welcome new users daily, this person will drive key marketing activities that range from onboardaing to upsell over the course of a user’s life with us. This role is highly collaborative and will interface with Product Marketing Managers, Campaign Managers, Marketing Content Team, and our Customer Success team members to accelerate adoption, strengthen product engagement and deepen relationships with accounts. We’re in search of a customer champion who is curious and exhibits a commitment to represent users in messaging and tactics for all programs and materials in market.
In addition, this role will aim to optimize conversion rates that lead to higher subscriptions and continue to grow our existing customer base while maintaining our core value that customers are king.
- Own and continue to optimize the PitchBook onboarding program, including establishing and tracking success metrics, customer segmentation and customization, and partner with the Customer Success team to determine new materials and training support.
- Own and continue to optimize the PitchBook renewal process by working with our Renewal Team specialists to determine new programs and tactics.
- Partner with Customer Success Operations to create segmented user paths and improve content delivery for our growing user community.
- Create core marketing content such as talk tracks, presentations, etc. for user training, seat-add proposals and custom needs of the Customer Success team.
- Develop relationships with Customer Success counterparts to gather relevant and widespread feedback and insight crucial to building and refining program details and outcomes.
- 2+ years of software marketing experience
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing
- Very strong written communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.