Digital Community Manager at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
About the Position
Community is an important part of Trupanion. The community is not one destination – it’s an ecosystem that includes the website, social portals, blogs, partners, and more. The Community Manager will be responsible for being the “voice” of two new brands of pet insurance in social media channels and online customer service situations. This includes working with the team in delivering branded, fresh and relevant content. Additionally, you will be responsible for the placement and monitoring of paid ad campaigns on Google, Facebook, and other sites as required. Lastly, you will work with affiliate and review sites to further promote the brands.
You will also work closely with the other members of the marketing group along with management, designers and external partners to identify content opportunities and ensuring engagement tactics are optimized. You will have experience in social engagement and understand how digital communities work together with other marketing activities to deliver on business objectives.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Building the community voice by executing the social media editorial calendar, lead-generation initiatives and community building tactics;
- Developing relationships with linked-partners in social media;
- Understanding business and marketing objectives as well as audiences in order to find opportunities that can further these objectives;
- Understanding and compliance with social media policies and escalation process;
- Being a strong communicator;
- Helping to develop and deliver creative/content that is on brand and legally compliant for the digital assets to attract our audience(s);
- Demonstrating resourcefulness in responding quickly to challenges with the right solution;
- Contributing to the design and development of digital sites, in line with business and legislative requirements and technological developments;
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales;
- Working with the business to identify, understand, agree and prepare appropriate content for digital properties;
- Monitor effective benchmarks (standard methodologies) for measuring the impact of Social Media Campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results;
- Working with partners, both internal and external to enable the development, maintenance, and delivery of creative and engaging content to meet current and future business needs;
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy;
- Continuously managing and monitoring member and other user feedback to ensure all content is delivering against the required business objectives including increasing followers on Facebook (Likes), Twitter (Followers), Instagram, Pinterest, etc; and
- Participating in measurement, analysis, and reporting activity for channels.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- 5 or more years’ experience in working in social media;
- Advanced skills in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok, iTunes Podcasting
- Knowledge of one or more marketing platform, i.e. HubSpot, SharpSpring, Marketo
- Detail-oriented yet flexible – you should live and breathe our brand voice, but know how to emphasize different tones for different audiences
- Experience writing for SEO preferred
- Ability to write short messages and longer copy pieces (blogs, reviews);
- Ability to create, host and record weekly podcasts;
- Ability to create, edit, post and make searchable, videos for the Pets Plus Us website, YouTube channel and other social platforms;
- Ability to compose, take and edit photographs for the product websites, marketing materials and social platforms;
- Ability to multitask, work independently and as part of a team in a highly deadline-driven environment; and
- Flexible in work schedule.
- Excited about a collaborative, fun, and impactful work environment
- Must. Love. Pets.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.