Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As Director, Account Based Marketing (ABM) you will be responsible for architecting and leading the execution of account-based initiatives designed to penetrate high value accounts. This role will be a catalyst for growth: you will be accountable for creating and influencing sales opportunities in new target accounts and driving expansion within our enterprise customers.
Your team will identify the right lists of target accounts, pull them into premium events, and surround them with personalized advertising, messaging and content. This requires having curiosity about our target audiences and why they engage with us, using a data-driven process to optimize and improve our results, and having a passion to achieve our goals. At the foundation of this role is the understanding that Intent Signals are the new MQL. Success will look like operationalizing the follow-up on intent signals, resulting in our sales team getting into new opportunities before the competition.
You will build the strategy, framework, and plan for the account-based marketing team. You are an innovative thinker who deeply understands the levers available to drive target account pipeline generation and knows how to partner across the sales and marketing organizations to deliver results. You are an attractor and cultivator of talent. And you are able to balance short, mid, and longer term goals to build an engine for strategic account growth that serves the business today and sets the foundation for future success and scale.
Location: Open to remote work in the United States
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Developing a scalable ABM program to drive new pipeline generation through targeted, personalized marketing programs. Your team will design the ABM strategy and orchestrate the development, execution, and optimization of ABM campaigns and events. Your team will map and deliver programs across customer journeys that engage our target audiences at the right time with the right messages leading into the right experiences. Success will be increasing engagement in “cold” and “warm” target accounts, sourcing new sales opportunities, and influencing and accelerating existing pipeline.
- Ensuring we are focused on the highest-value accounts. Your team will manage and regularly update the ABM target accounts lists based on Outreach’s ideal customer profile (ICP), propensity analysis, and surging intent signals indicating that accounts are “in the market”. You will be responsible for enabling the enterprise sales teams on your ABM programs and partnering with them to activate the programs for their target accounts.
- Using Account-based advertising to surround Target Accounts with the right Outreach story. Your team will be responsible for designing and executing personalized account- and persona- targeted paid social and display advertising, account-targeted content syndication, high-touch custom playbooks, and premium gifting. Success will look like creating Outreach awareness in the accounts and persona you target, increasing their engagement from cold to warm to qualified at scale.
- Creating unique, compelling 1:1 and 1:few experiences and events for Target Accounts. Your team will deliver account-based marketing in the field, executing thought leadership events and premium executive experiences. Success here will result in effective customer education and enduring relationships.
- Telling the Outreach story through customer successes. Your team will put customers out in front across all marketing channels. Success will be amplifying the business value and transformative impact of Outreach's solutions through marquee customer stories across web, PR, social, events, and other content marketing programs.
- Operationalizing intent signal follow-up to enable Outreach sales reps to break into new opportunities first. Your team will design and operate an ABM system of work where sales reps and SDRs immediately act on intent signals from ABM solutions and 3rd party data sources with targeted sequences to source new meetings.
- 8+ years of experience working in B2B marketing roles, preferably in ABM, Demand Gen, Field Marketing, Marketing Operations, or similar role
- 3+ years experience in Account Based Marketing
- 3+ years experience leading a team
- Proficient user of ABM technology (targeted display, intent providers, account scoring, etc.); experience in Salesforce and Outreach are a plus
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams (including remote colleagues) and at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze & interpret metrics around ABM marketing performance to understand the marketing to sales pipeline funnel
- Comfortable presenting to internal audiences in both written and verbal formats
- Highly organized with strong project management skills including the ability to accurately specify project timeframes, dependencies and risk factors
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities while giving excellent attention to detail
- Team Player: you strive for greatness, and know that teamwork is the way to get there. You’re a natural leader, and see yourself growing as our team expands
- BA/BS degree preferred
About The Team
We are obsessed about collaborating effectively across internal teams and stakeholders, as well as our partner ecosystem to deliver Outreach experiences that enlist and inspire the market, our customers, and the analyst community. We wake up each day inspired to do our best work and remain ever curious about how to improve, evolve, and grow. Above all, we have each other’s backs.
Visit https://www.outreach.io/company/working-at-outreach to learn more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status