TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is looking for a Director of Communications and Public Relations who is passionate about fintech and cryptocurrency to build and execute global communications strategies and tactics to drive our position as the industry-leading tax and accounting platform for the digital economy. This exciting opportunity is the first in-house communications hire; you’ll be working with key stakeholders at a fast-growing unicorn start-up to shape storylines and thought leadership.
This person will be responsible for leading and implementing public and media relations and corporate communications and will be a key driver of steering our media relations efforts towards positive, strategic coverage of TaxBit. This will include identifying Taxbit milestones and submit Taxbit for industry awards that highlight our company, culture, and success.
We need someone who enjoys writing, editing, and planning thought-leadership opportunities, bylines, and speaking engagements and digging into complex topics! If you enjoy being a key stakeholder who drives strategy at a fast-growing, industry-leading company – Taxbit is for you!
- Lead global corporate communications, including public and media relations, to drive positive coverage of TaxBit among top tier business, the tech industry and its verticals, and business department media
- Build and execute communications plans and take ownership of strategy planning as well as tactics and outcomes
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers and media following fintech, crypto, and the payments ecosystem
- Train executives as required on message development and presentation delivery
- Collaborate with the content team to leverage social media channels to amplify campaigns and support core media relations activities
- Implement an editorial calendar to manage and align our communications program
- Build and implement executive communications and thought leadership plans—including byline and contributed articles, blog posts, social media content, and speaking opportunities-—to build awareness, preference, and affinity for TaxBit
- 5-7 years in public relations and/or corporate communications with a mix of experience in public and media relations, executive communications and thought leadership, crisis communications, and journalism within the fintech and finance industry
- Strong passion for relationship-building, creative storytelling, and bringing a brand to life through communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; ability to capture the voice of others
- Ability to navigate a fast-growing environment and have you’ve previously worked with C-suite, marketing, sales, and product teams to craft strategic communication programs
- Self-starter with the drive to go beyond traditional methods of communication; you're always looking for what’s next and never stop at the status quo
- Experience in global and regional PR agency management
- Successful track record of securing tier one media placements in fintech/tech publications
- Has managed award calendar and submissions
- Comfortable collaborating internally and externally with stakeholders and partners
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Insurance Package; Dental, Medical, Vision coverage with certain plans eligible for 100% medical premium coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Friday team lunches
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Affordable and Optional Short & Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days remote
- Autonomous and flexible work
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.