Director of Communications, eCP
Expedia Group’s e-Commerce Platform (eCP) is at the heart of travel. eCP’s technology and operations platforms power online travel worldwide. Our technology teams are diverse – building and maintaining foundational systems and infrastructure that enable booking, changing, and cancelling travel transactions. Our business operations include customer care, global payments, and security.
As our Director of Communications, you will lead a small team to develop and drive eCP’s communication and engagement strategy. You will work directly with senior leadership to drive the strategic vision for eCP and empower teams to reach our business goals. You will be a highly visible leader with the opportunity to shape the future of eCP.
What you'll do
- You establish a strategic internal communications function for eCP that addresses key opportunities and gaps
- You provide thought leadership to drive effective communication and change management in service of strategic goals
- You plan and execute communications to achieve our strategy, support our values, and ensure the effective flow of information (descending, ascending and horizontal)
- You recommend and implement practical communications and engagement solutions to achieve desired business results
- You provide direction and expertise for a broad range of campaigns and portfolio of communication channels to enable delivery, build our culture, engage employees, and inspire change
- You collaborate effectively across all levels, job functions and locations of the organization to drive action
Who you are
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator with strong attention to detail
- You think strategically and critically, always seeing the “big picture” while also diving into details as necessary
- You draw on your experience and creativity to recommend effective communication strategies and action plans
- As a decision-maker, you use structured process to make decisions involving uncertainty or risk
- You have demonstrated an ability to working closely across an organization and building strong relationships to drive results
- You have a bias to action with a voracious get-it-done attitude
- You possess a real passion for technology and communicating about highly technical content
- You are comfortable with high pressure situations and ambiguity
- You create a team environment where people thrive
More about you
- You are passionate about continuous excellence
- You think creatively to increase employee engagement through new channels, styles, and challenging the “ordinary”
- You motivate colleagues and demonstrate maximum integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- MS in Communications or Organization Development a plus
- 10+ years formal communications experience, including 6 years at a large global corporation
- Experience in a technology business, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Knowledge of and experience with various off and online communications vehicles
- Experience delivering change management and supporting communications
- Experience in presentation creation, including the ability to synthesize data effectively and draw out logical recommendations
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes that our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.