Director, Content Marketing
Are you passionate about crafting content people value, sharing it on channels they use and measuring your results? Then this is the role for you.
Expedia Group’s Lodging Partner Services organization (LPS) is seeking a gifted Director of Content Marketing. Our team is responsible for developing relationships with hotels (and other lodging properties) worldwide and supporting their ongoing success on the Expedia Group travel platform. As Content Marketing Director you will be responsible for defining and executing a content strategy that drives acquisition and motivates ongoing engagement across the customer journey.
You will work closely with all areas of Marketing – portfolio, demand generation, growth, field and infrastructure. Additionally, you will collaborate with global account management, innovation teams and analytics to develop content that connects with specific partner segments and has a measurable impact on the business.
What you'll do:
- Define the vision, strategy and roadmap for content to drive acquisition and maintain ongoing engagement with our lodging partners, including establishing key goals and targets.
- Facilitate the ideation process to craft relevant content that connects with multiple target segments and sophistication levels.
- Lead end to end implementation of all content marketing initiatives, driving improvements in traffic, conversion and engagement in a locally relevant manner, globally
- Lead, inspire, run and coach a global team of designers, writers, strategists and other third party resources.
- Develop and maintain impactful relationships and alignment with other functional groups with in LPS (e.g. Account Management, Product and across Marketing) and external influencers.
- Work with the analytics team to monitor and optimize content performance
- Clearly communicate strategy, findings and recommendations to the LPS leadership team and to the broader organization.
Who you are:
- A trail-blazer with an innovative and creative mind-set that seeks to understand audience needs, desires and motivations.
- An extraordinary storyteller with strong visual and written communication skills and the ability to present complex information simply, infused with a relatable, human touch.
- Familiar with SEO strategy and fluent in content categorization and structure, distribution and measurement.
- Steeped in brand strategy with experience leading in-house design and writing resources in multiple offices globally.
- A critical thinker with exceptional analytical skills and a proven ability to turn high-level business requirements into content success metrics and opportunities.
- Meticulous with excellent organizational skills. Able to implement operational infrastructure and processes and successfully manage multiple projects globally.
- Objective with a bias for driving results (balanced between both long-term objectives and short-run performance).
- Able to work internally and influence decision-making across a matrixed organization.
- 8+ years of content marketing/content strategy/demand generation experience in b-to-b organizations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in leadership and management roles
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing or advertising, Master’s degree or MBA preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.