Director, Integrated Marketing at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Our Performance Marketing team is seeking a creative and analytical leader that has a proven track record of mobilizing cross-functional teams, planning customer-centric campaigns, and delivering results, plus a drive for testing, learning and making insight and data-driven decisions. The Director, Integrated Marketing will be responsible for driving cross-channel marketing stories and identifying conversion opportunities throughout the full funnel for both engagement & jewelry customers. This highly visible role will have an immense impact on marketing performance by increasing efficiency and ROI for the category.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Journey Planning, Management & Monitoring
- Develop marketing stories that start with a customer insight, both qualitative and quantitative, around motivations, behavior, attitudes, latent needs, and lead to a customer action
- Develop integrated marketing briefs, working with creatives, analytics and marketing channels to leverage data and determine campaign goals align with customer journey milestones
- Operationalize integrated campaigns in collaboration with marketing channel specialists (such as affiliates, email, social, digital paid and organic, digital video, and programmatic).
- Establish clear processes for efficient workflow and communications, and increase efficiency by discovering and fixing drop-off points
- Manage end-to-end campaign development, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery stay on track and on strategy
- Increase scalability with greater coordination across functions
Measurement, Reporting and Optimization
- Establish a measurement framework align with business KPI
- Analyze and understand the business impact driven by integrated campaigns to establish marketing metrics and forecast long-term growth
- Drive optimization strategies with cross-functional teams (traffic, site, pricing/promotion, and merchandizing) that provide Blue Nile with a competitive advantage
- Deliver regular reporting that provides insight on efficiency of integrated campaign investment for stakeholders across the business, optimizing evergreen campaigns and using learnings to inform future initiatives
- Improve the customer-experience with data driven recommendations and enhancements
- Provide clear and defined roles and responsibilities for each position in your team.
- Independently manage personal development plans for all direct reports, ensuring right objectives are set
- Develop search knowledge, tech knowledge and skill-set of all direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related quantitative field
- 10+ years of marketing experience, including 2+ years of experience strategizing and executing integrated marketing campaigns
- Ability to independently develop strategy to serve overall business growth
- Deep understanding of customer journey analysis and funnel analytics
- Previous experience of working with RTB, performance marketing (search, display, social, ) and therefore comfortable with undertaking granular analysis and challenging convention
- A proven ability to maintain a balance between innovation and execution. Must be able to think outside the box while also staying realistic about what is possible given the constraints of time, money and organizational will
- Analytically and curious minded with the ability to analyze complex data and make clear strategic recommendations
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication; able to formulate and articulate strategic goals
- Experience with Test and Learn approach to drive channel performance
- A tendency to listen more and talk less. A preference for teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and to deliver quality results within tight timelines.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to own projects from end-to-end in a fast-paced environment
- Master's degree in business, finance, or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering)
- Technical knowledge of digital ad platforms (understand tracking, auction dynamics, ad products, and best practices)
- Data sleuth - SQL experience strongly preferred (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight). Extremely comfortable with data driven business management and related tools/technology (Python, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit - we have a team full of passionate and skilled individuals who like tackling challenges
What we Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount