Director, Integrated Marketing
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Our Performance Marketing team is seeking a creative and analytical leader that has a proven track record of mobilizing cross-functional teams, planning customer-centric campaigns, and delivering results, plus a drive for testing, learning and making insight and data-driven decisions. The Director, Integrated Marketing will be responsible for driving cross-channel marketing stories and identifying conversion opportunities throughout the full funnel for both engagement & jewelry customers. This highly visible role will have an immense impact on marketing performance by increasing efficiency and ROI for the category.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Journey Planning, Management & Monitoring
- Develop marketing stories that start with a customer insight, both qualitative and quantitative, around motivations, behavior, attitudes, latent needs, and lead to a customer action
- Develop integrated marketing briefs, working with creatives, analytics and marketing channels to leverage data and determine campaign goals align with customer journey milestones
- Operationalize integrated campaigns in collaboration with marketing channel specialists (such as affiliates, email, social, digital paid and organic, digital video, and programmatic).
- Establish clear processes for efficient workflow and communications, and increase efficiency by discovering and fixing drop-off points
- Manage end-to-end campaign development, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery stay on track and on strategy
- Increase scalability with greater coordination across functions
Measurement, Reporting and Optimization
- Establish a measurement framework align with business KPI
- Analyze and understand the business impact driven by integrated campaigns to establish marketing metrics and forecast long-term growth
- Drive optimization strategies with cross-functional teams (traffic, site, pricing/promotion, and merchandizing) that provide Blue Nile with a competitive advantage
- Deliver regular reporting that provides insight on efficiency of integrated campaign investment for stakeholders across the business, optimizing evergreen campaigns and using learnings to inform future initiatives
- Improve the customer-experience with data driven recommendations and enhancements
- Provide clear and defined roles and responsibilities for each position in your team.
- Independently manage personal development plans for all direct reports, ensuring right objectives are set
- Develop search knowledge, tech knowledge and skill-set of all direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related quantitative field
- 10+ years of marketing experience, including 2+ years of experience strategizing and executing integrated marketing campaigns
- Ability to independently develop strategy to serve overall business growth
- Deep understanding of customer journey analysis and funnel analytics
- Previous experience of working with RTB, performance marketing (search, display, social, ) and therefore comfortable with undertaking granular analysis and challenging convention
- A proven ability to maintain a balance between innovation and execution. Must be able to think outside the box while also staying realistic about what is possible given the constraints of time, money and organizational will
- Analytically and curious minded with the ability to analyze complex data and make clear strategic recommendations
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication; able to formulate and articulate strategic goals
- Experience with Test and Learn approach to drive channel performance
- A tendency to listen more and talk less. A preference for teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and to deliver quality results within tight timelines.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to own projects from end-to-end in a fast-paced environment
- Master's degree in business, finance, or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering)
- Technical knowledge of digital ad platforms (understand tracking, auction dynamics, ad products, and best practices)
- Data sleuth - SQL experience strongly preferred (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight). Extremely comfortable with data driven business management and related tools/technology (Python, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit - we have a team full of passionate and skilled individuals who like tackling challenges
What we Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount