Director of Internal Communications at Qualtrics
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Qualtrics is seeking a Director of Internal Communications to join its Global Communications team. This individual will design and execute on our internal communications strategy to ensure our employees are engaged, inspired and stay connected to the company and each other as we grow. This role sits on the Corporate Communications leadership team and reports to the Chief Communications Officer.
Expectations for Success
- Design and execute on an internal communications strategy that connects every Qualtrician to our vision, mission, values and priorities.
- Engage and inspire employees around the world and ensure they are connected to Qualtrics’ vision, mission, values and priorities.
- Develop innovative ways of engaging our employees with content, internal events and technologies, such as Slack and our intranet.
- Develop processes to ensure consistent and thoughtful communications across teams and offices by all leaders.
- Partner closely with the colleagues on the Communications and People teams to ensure internal and external messaging are aligned and drive company-wide communications, such as company milestones, financial results, product announcements, and company-wide initiatives.
- Run our weekly all hands and work across the company to bring the most relevant and compelling content to our employees each week.
- Review our current internal comms mix to assess and improve our efficacy and plan for scale.
- Lead and develop a small but mighty team of two.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 12 years of internal and/or employee communications experience.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to quickly understand and articulate what we need employees to know, feel, and doc, the ability to turn complex ideas into simple and compelling communications including succinct talking points and clear communications for leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence. The ability to build trust with senior leaders and mentor them on critical communications.
- The ability to build strong relationships across the company and be persuasive, collaborative and strategic with our internal partners, including C-suite execs.
- Highly adaptable, calm under pressure, and able to drive progress amid ambiguity.
- Strong management skills and the ability to grow a team and the careers of the people on it.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- Strategic, yet also scrappy—a self-starter who will introduce new processes and programs that engage employees and empower leaders through communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or otherwise writing-intensive field
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices' design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative workspace.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical - employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories