We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
To achieve that goal, we need all of Flexport to be aligned and act as one. That’s where you come in.
Flexport is looking for a Director, Internal Communications to help the company achieve its next stage of growth and maturity. You’ll work with the Executive Team and other stakeholders to develop an employee communication strategy that brings to life our purpose, vision and strategy in every interaction.
You’ll be the brains behind how we inform and engage the people most important to our future success: the 2,000 Flexporters across the world.
You’ll also work with senior business leaders across the company to articulate and share their team’s impact and advise them on high-impact communications moments happening within their org. You’ll do all this together with your Internal Comms team of three, your partners in Communications, and the larger Global Brand team.
Every company says this, but Flexport really is unique. We live at the intersection of technology and global trade - a fun, fascinating, complex place to be. The people attracted to that space are infinitely curious, have excellent BS detectors, and expect the best of themselves and each other. As Head of Internal Comms, you’ll develop the voice that captures that spirit and inspires pride in what we’re building together.You will:
- Connect, inform and inspire employees at every level to the company’s mission, strategic priorities and values
- Develop and execute on an internal communications strategy that, in partnership with our Executive Team, connects every employee to Flexport’s purpose, vision and strategy
- Develop innovative ways of engaging our employees through content, internal events and technologies like the intranet and, of course, Slack
- Partner closely with the Comms, Finance/Investor Relations and People teams on company-wide communications, such as company milestones, financial results, product announcements, and company-wide initiatives
- Advise senior leaders at Flexport at high-impact comms moments and help create events and written communications
- Own the big show, our monthly Global All-Hands
- Review our current internal comms mix to assess and where possible, improve its efficacy
- Lead and develop a team of three experienced Internal Communications specialists
- A BA or equivalent degree, preferably in communications, journalism or related area
- 10+ years of experience in internal communications or employee engagement, including 3+ years leading a team and 3+ years in a global environment. Public company experience a plus!
- A team mentality. Flexport is a team-oriented company that requires effective collaboration to drive company-wide results. You are someone who not only likes working in a team, but enjoys leading one, too
- Personality in your writing (and you’re not afraid to show it)
- Strong planning skills. You know how to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities to create an actionable plan and get the most impactful work done. You build the feedback loops that will make your plan a success: determining and informing the right stakeholders in Comms, Global Brand and beyond, gaining their buy-in and keeping them informed
- Poise. You know what questions to ask to get to the heart of the matter and aren’t afraid to ask them
- Lots of energy. We run a lean team so get ready to roll up your sleeves. Sometimes you’ll be the visionary, sometimes you’ll provide the first draft
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.