At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly’s Marketing Analytics Team is the core of our data-driven growth. We build analytics products that scale across the organization, use data to improve growth within business lines, and provide the primary business intelligence/metrics for the Growth team. Reporting to our VP, North America, the Director of Marketing Analytics will grow and improve our decision-making across marketing. You will lead a team responsible for the full stack, from data schemas and reporting, creating tools and techniques to optimize our ongoing spend, to building business cases for how we can continue to grow and serve more customers. You will be a partner with the Marketing Platform and Data Engineering teams as well as our customer-facing product teams as a business leader, constantly integrating both the customer and business needs.
The team will operate in a matrixed environment, with associates directly embedded with partner teams across marketing. Additionally, this role should function as a business leader outside of marketing, leading cross-functional business reviews to identify broader trends, opportunities and threats that we should be reacting to.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of analysts with diverse responsibilities across the marketing organization, responsible for topics such as marketing data, digital optimizations, lifecycle, and offline.
- Stewardship of our marketing data needs, owning business requirements and construction in partnership with data engineering and marketing platform teams
- Drive optimizations within all facets of growth, recognizing opportunities and positioning your team to maximize them
- Develop an existing team of experts, and hire based on business need
- Review other analysts work and provide not only feedback but solutions and mentorship that develops new skillsets
- Expert level knowledge of B2C marketing concepts such as LTV models, payback, attribution framework and media mix
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in an data/analytics role, preferably with experience marketing
- Familiar with SQL, R, Python, Excel, and Statistical Analysis with the ability to teach others
- People management experience
- You can start from a white space problem and develop hypotheses, an analytical framework, and develop a well written recommendation
- You are adept at communicating data-based decisions to individual contributors and leadership. You are able to articulate clearly and defend your decision making process
Who We Are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Company contributes to your HSA plan if you choose one
- 401k plan with company matching
- Commuter benefits
- Free snacks plus hot and cold beverages
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer