At Navigating Cancer, our mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and those who care for them. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
In order to advance our mission to – “Enable Personalized Care for Every Cancer Patient,” we are seeking candidates for the following role:
The Director of Marketing will lead the company’s comprehensive marketing strategy (sales, customer adoption/retention) and product campaigns for our core audiences of oncology providers and pharmaceutical partners. The Director will drive successful execution across the marketing mix – from positioning and messaging to product marketing, PR, events, digital marketing and GTM strategies. The successful candidate will engage and empower the sales teams with impactful selling tools, pitch decks, case studies and customer evidence that demonstrates the value of our solutions. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this role will work closely with marketing team members and other employees in areas such as product management, business development, clinical and data science to execute on key tactics and deliver results. The desire and ability to work effectively and independently in a startup environment is a must.
- Develop and execute effective marketing strategies to grow Navigating Cancer’s business in key market segments
- Develop compelling value propositions by market segment and buyer persona. Identify and develop ways to communicate the product value proposition using sales tools, ROI models, webinars, customer profiles, case studies, and more
- Lead product positioning and messaging for these solutions to ensure consistent, compelling storytelling that reinforces the core value propositions
- Lead Account Based Marketing efforts to target and influence key accounts in collaboration with the sales teams and in support of strategic product initiatives
- Develop high-quality, segment-focused content to support awareness, demand generation activities and sales enablement, including blog posts, publications, data sheets, product demos, white papers, case studies, sales presentations, etc.
- Drive GTM strategies in close collaboration with product management, sales, support and other teams to ensure successful product launches.
- Partner with the Business Development teams to develop product sales strategies and supporting campaigns that drive business results.
- Collaborate with Product Managers on the product roadmap and influence features and priorities based on sales team, customer and market feedback.
- 8+ years B2B marketing experience coupled with leadership
- Healthcare or health tech industry experience required. Oncology market experience preferred. Keeps a pulse on the industry and understands how competitors position themselves
- Brings a strong business mindset and acumen to the role; develops strategic understanding of our business to effectively drive market awareness, engagement, and demand
- Strategic thinker who also likes to get things done, is constantly innovating and comfortable with learning (and sometimes failing) fast, and using data to drive key decision making
- Flexible “roll up your sleeves” style with the flexibility and agility to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with fluid objectives and priorities
- A track record of entering new markets, obtaining net new logos, and capturing market share
- Exceptional marketing skills in areas such as customer understanding and empathy, value proposition, thought leadership, storytelling, demand generation, and sales enablement
- Strong communication skills that facilitate presenting and communicating information in a clear and compelling manner
- Passion for the mission of Navigating Cancer and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming healthcare technology company while improving the lives of cancer patients
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years’ experience in progressively responsible marketing roles
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! Join us to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time (normally in our downtown Seattle office) - currently 100% remote during the COVID pandemic.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Generous employee stock option plan
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- Educational stipend
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.