Director of National Events
You: The Director of National Events will be responsible for Apptio’s national event strategy and will lead a team to flawlessly execute large-scale events, including the annual user conference. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of event strategy and management, from planning to execution and follow up. With your superior organization, negotiation and communication skills, you will manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. To be successful, you will need strategic vision, aptitude for garnering cross-functional buy-in and alignment, collaboration with key stakeholders, and effective development of integrated communication campaigns for both external and internal participants.
Us: We are an ambitious and high-energy marketing organization building global awareness and demand for Apptio’s SaaS applications. We are passionate about what we do and are driven by a common mission to support and elevate the role of CIOs within their organizations. We believe deeply in Apptio’s potential to lead our market and disrupt the IT industry on a daily basis. We are team players with an entrepreneurial spirit and an eye on results. We are growing fast and need committed, ambitious professionals to help us meet our goals while building their careers.
What we want you to do:
- Develop and manage a team providing end-to-end global event strategies and program execution for Apptio-branded and 3rd party events
- Provide leadership, intelligence, and guidance to teams to create differentiated customer experiences with a distinct Apptio point-of-view, impactful branding, and effective communications of Apptio's unique value proposition
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with team, external vendors, and event partners
- Work cross-functionally with marketing operations team to ensure effective and consistent measurement and reporting of program results
- Visualize and execute a seamless, thoughtful event experience for all attendees, by persona
- Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events
- Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps, internal and external feedback, and incorporate learning into future event plans
- Ensure pipeline and attendance goals are met for each event and program
- 7+ years experience with event marketing strategy, planning and execution of events with 1000+ attendees, and optimization of programs and events
- 3+ years experience with hands-on program execution through both offline and digital channels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Prior event development and management with a SaaS software company; responsible for user conference
- Adept at hands-on program execution through both offline and digital channels
- Extensive vendor and third-party agency management experience
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functionally across peers and executive teams
- Highly competent budget development and management
- Proficient in performance reporting
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Results–oriented with a passion for performance measurement and analytics
- Flexibility and “can-do” attitude
- Communication and influence – must be energetic and passionate with ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve marketing goals
- Ability to manage through multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.