Director of PR at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, June 13, 2019
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
The Director of PR will lead all communications efforts for Convoy, including strategy, external messaging, media/analyst relations, and influencer engagement.
- Shape Convoy’s brand through messaging, strategic storytelling and partnerships.
- Develop messaging, outreach strategy, branding, and positioning for all external communications around company news and product launches.
- Develop and grow strategic partnerships and relationships with Fortune 500 companies, complimentary brands, and content publications.
- Secure feature articles and coverage around the company, and our customers in major publications and broadcast channels.
- Have strong understanding of industry, tech, and national publications and their coverage tactics; come up with creative ways to engage with influencers, proactively pitch product news, customer stories, and thought leadership to maintain constant flow of coverage.
- Develop messaging, talking points, abstracts, and full content pieces highlighting thought leadership from Convoy for use in media interviews and byline opportunities.
- Manage media relations, executive communication, and crisis communications.
- Secure speaking spots at major industry events for Convoy.
- Monitor, track, optimize and analyze performance.
- Exceptional writings skills
- 8+ years of professional experience in PR/corporate communications
- Managed corporate communication for disruptive, as well as, publicly traded companies
- Trusted leader with proven track record of results
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!