Director, Product Marketing (optional remote) at ExtraHop
At ExtraHop, we create great products and drive them to market because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun.
As the Director of Security Marketing, you will be the owner of all aspects of ExtraHop’s security business and marketing activities. We’re looking for someone who can continue to accelerate the growth at ExtraHop, isn’t afraid of a highly visible role, and can establish ExtraHop as the leader within the Network Detection and Response (NDR) market segment.
This position requires experience in cybersecurity market segments as well as SaaS-led Go-To-Market motion. The ideal candidate will be able to understand market needs, work with customers, sales, product management and other stakeholders to develop and clearly articulate the needs of the market and how they align with the unique value that ExtraHop provides. This encompasses product positioning, messaging, product strategy, content plans, and execution of product marketing programs.
- Provide cross-functional leadership for ExtraHop's Security business
- Assess ExtraHop's opportunity in the security market and optimize our product-market fit
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates ExtraHop in the market
- Ensure that the ExtraHop value proposition is specifically tuned to the security market and resonates with customers, analysts and partners
- Effectively communicate ExtraHop’s position to sales, channel partners, customers, and analysts
- Create sales training to communicate the value proposition of the products & key innovations to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling of ExtraHop’s products
- Work with Product Marketing Managers and Technical Marketing to conduct competitive analysis and market research, and produce market insight reports and detailed competitive analysis
- Develop compelling campaigns and content in collaboration with internal stakeholders that will help drive customer engagement, thought leadership, and content marketing
- Represent ExtraHop as a spokesperson for thought leadership and industry analyst engagements
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 12+ years of product marketing and/or product management experience with B2B technology companies
- At least 5+ years experience in cybersecurity market segments
- Solid understanding of security operations tools such as SIEM, EDR, threat intelligence, behavioral analytics, and forensics as well as IT Networking market segment
- 3+ years of experience in SaaS Go-To-Market strategy and execution
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third party agencies
- Has demonstrated success in product marketing and/or product management leadership roles previously
- Experience working with sales, customers, and analysts in presenting the company position and products
- Previous success in the development and the execution of integrated product marketing plans
- Technical aptitude coupled with an enthusiasm for technology and the ability to translate this into compelling narratives
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to create exceptional content and comfortably engage with sales, customers, and partners
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Willing to travel 20%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
ExtraHop is an enterprise cybersecurity company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from the core to edge to the cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2019 Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $150 million in bookings in 2019 and 40% year-over-year growth for the last two consecutive years, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law