Director, Product Marketing
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as Director of Product Marketing on the Multiproduct and Engagement team. This is an important new position that sits within the Retail Product and Technology organization and will help drive adoption and usage of products and features across Brand Expedia and the Brand Expedia Platform.
In this role, you will help build and mentor a team to develop insights to guide product development, cultivate collaborative partnerships across teams, and craft and execute go-to-market strategies. Through relevant and compelling product positioning and messaging, you will bring our products and features to life for our customers. You will develop a deep understanding of Brand Expedia’s customers and market and use qualitative and quantitative data to develop insights and make decisions. You will champion stellar, customer-centric products with product teams and sell the product and vision into departments (i.e. marketing / PR / customer service) that have direct channels to customers. You and your team will be evangelists - passionate about travel, solving traveler problems, doing right by the customer, and laser focused on growing adoption of our products.
A strong candidate is a leader with an inclusive, collaborative style that builds trust, develops credibility, and elevates morale. Marketing, ecommerce and travel industry knowledge as well as personal attributes of effective communication, creative problem solving, high accountability are keys to success in this position. A customer-focused mentality and savviness in balancing qualitative and quantitative data to tell the customer narrative is essential. Due to the entrepreneurial and dynamic nature of our business, we seek team members who can operate at a strategic level but who are equally comfortable at a detailed execution level.
What you’ll do:
- Build a team and establish processes to stand up the product marketing function
- Partner with research and customer health teams to ensure a cohesive end-to-end approach to developing and communicating customer insights
- Champion customer needs with across the organization to influence product roadmaps, business strategies, and customer engagement models
- Develop and review go-to-market strategies, product positioning, product launch materials, and marketing briefs - ensuring fit and cohesion across the customer journey, product lines, and brands
- Serve as the hub for go-to-market and readiness activities across the entire organization
- Partner with product, marketing, customer service and customer health teams to drive adoption and usage of key products and features
- Partner with analytics to set up tests and provide reporting on adoption initiatives and testing outcomes
Who you are:
- 10+ years internet, ecommerce experience, international or global scope preferred
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, B2C preferred
- Experience growing product market share and product adoption/usage through well-executed marketing and go-to-market activities
- Experience partnering with Customer Support and/or Sales teams to become a customer advocate
- Experience developing strong partnerships with product management and marketing
- Experience with executive communications and management
- Experience in the travel industry preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.