Director of Product Marketing at DomainTools
At DomainTools, we focus on supporting Internet safety through our ongoing work in infrastructure mapping and threat identification, driving cybersecurity forward while striving to make the Internet a better place. DomainTools is looking for a superstar Director of Product Marketing to join its Product team. Product Marketing is the most critical component of conveying product value to DomainTools customers and prospects, and this role will be responsible for defining and creating product positioning strategy, messaging, and customer and target personas, as well as supporting content development. The Director of Product marketing will also build and manage a team of Product Marketing professionals, technical writers, and content creators in support of our customers, Sales and Customer Success Teams, and Marketing organization.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader and successful product marketing manager in the threat intelligence or security sectors with experience developing product marketing strategies, defining competitive differentiators based on deep market knowledge and research, as well as a track record of creating engaging, insightful content and understanding where and how products fit into client-specific security workflows. If you want to make a big impact in a fun, established company with a start-up-like environment, and if you love threat intelligence and strategic product marketing, DomainTools is the place to be!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Product Marketing Director is responsible for strategic marketing at the product level by developing positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation, as well as providing content and driving alignment to enable the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success work efficiently on generating leads, closing opportunities, and retaining customers.
- Strategy – Create and manage comprehensive product launch plans, including defining product positioning, developing value proposition communication, establishing launch strategy, drafting sales and partner materials, and managing the cross-functional launch plan implementation.
- Leadership – Build and develop a best-in-class product marketing team to drive impact across the solution portfolio—laying out a vision and scaling the function.
- Collaboration – Collaborate with sales leadership to translate core product and business value propositions into sales collateral, and work with internal and external creative partners to drive the creation of those materials.
- Product messaging – Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market. Ensure that our messaging resonates with customers, analysts, and our sales team, and produce internal documentation, like product messaging frameworks to support consistent product promotion.
- Product materials support – Champion and support DomainTools products, managing creation of critical product content, including user guides, FAQs, data sheets, customer case studies and success stories, and product-focused whitepapers.
- Sales enablement – Communicate our products value propositions to the sales team and deliver product-focused sales collateral and tools that support and improve the sales process.
- Market intelligence – Be the expert on our buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria, as well as on our competition and how we position against them, conducting competitive analysis, delivering battle cards, and highlighting differentiators.
- Product evangelism – Be a presenter for company webinars and tell the DomainTools story at industry events.
- Marketing program support – Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to create compelling marketing programs that are targeted to our direct buyer and indirect partners (Channel, OEM, MSSP)
- 7+ years of product marketing experience with B2B technology companies
- Experience building and managing teams of product marketers, both on site and remote
- Experience in the security market and at least one of the following areas: threat intelligence, big data analytics, cloud-based security solutions, SIEM, SOAR, network monitoring, forensics, and security appliances
- Experience developing and executing product marketing strategies for complex, technical products
- Previous success in the development and the execution of integrated product marketing plans
- Experience in marketing products and services to enterprises, service providers, and channel partners
- Experience working with marketing, sales, customers, and analysts in presenting company and product positioning
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third party agencies
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Willing to travel 20% (US travel)
- MBA or equivalent job experience
- Solid understanding of applications and IT infrastructure
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are located in Belltown (although 100% remote through at least March 2021) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, unlimited PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.