Director Of Product Marketing
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
The ideal Director of Product Marketing candidate has experience both launching and growing products that become a part of people’s daily lives. They also bring deep understanding of industry competitive landscape, trends, and business models and have strong and informed perspective on how to build and scale mobile businesses. She or he must have experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results. Excellent analytical and communication skills as well as comfort with ambiguity are a must.
- The Director of Product Marketing will lead the team responsible for owning non-paid marketing channels to drive growth of the OfferUp marketplace
- You will play a major role in driving the key high-value actions on our Marketplace that are crucial to our long term success
- Partner with Product Management to coordinate marketing activity with the product roadmap
- Drive launch and ongoing adoption of new product features
- Manage our martech toolset and help us optimize for long-term efficiency
- Identify long-term opportunities based on quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, research and a strategic view of the direction of the market
- Craft value propositions and multi-channel GTM plans for new features and products; help your team communicate that value to our key audiences using the voice and style of the brand
- Experience in driving adoption of high volume consumer products
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with consumers, producing a measurable response. You can craft a compelling narrative across different channels - you know how to match the message to the audience
- Knowledge & passion for marketplace businesses and working with product teams
- Minimum of 8+ years combined product and growth marketing experience delivering highly successful engagement strategies, with a focus on consumer marketing
- Deep understanding of the key quantitative drivers in high growth consumer businesses
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience as a people manager
- Passion for OfferUp
Nice to have
- Experience in a high growth marketplace
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.