Display Marketing Campaign Manager
Are you looking for a way to challenge yourself and build your display marketing skills?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
We are seeking a tenacious, self-starting display marketing campaign manager to join our computational marketing team in Seattle. Groupon is building a daily consumer habit in local commerce, and to help us on this journey, we are looking for online marketing experts who share our passion for local.
As a Display Marketing Campaign Manager, you will be responsible for the success of Groupon’s display advertising for a designated set of accounts. You will launch, lead, scale, and optimize campaigns and structure and develop tests to continually evolve and improve our display program. You will need to manage a budget, build relationships with our existing partners, recruit new inventory partners, and deliver on key goals and performance measures. You will work with Groupon’s global engineering and support teams to ensure that our marketing dollars are spent as effectively as possible, driving the highest possible yield for the company in terms of customer lifetime value and company profitability.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Drive and optimize the performance of each inventory source, managing your portfolio to hit your overall volume and performance targets
- Test technical display advertising advancements, plan and execute A/B tests, and try new ad targeting strategies to improve performance
- Handle billing issues and forecast spend, working closely with senior team members and Marketing Finance to project volume in various performance scenarios
- Communicate week-to-week status and overall channel performance to the senior team
- Enable tracking and ensure it’s working on all campaigns
- Maintain relationships with display inventory sources - handle volume expectations, ad tags, technical troubleshooting, performance monitoring, contract/IO management, etc.
- 3+ years experience running display or social marketing campaigns, focus on performance oriented, direct response advertising preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Systems, or related Marketing area
- You have strong experience with display and social platforms including ad servers, exchanges, RTB bidders, DSPs, DMPs, with a sound understanding of the online advertising ecosystem
- You have shown success applying rigorous, financially-rooted decision-making practices to guide product development and business efforts to achieve success
You will possess a consistent track record of display marketing experience, analytical prowess, technical aptitude, and business savvy
- Ability to extract meaningful insights from data and translate them to actions, experience with A/B or multivariate testing
- Strong communication, project management, and collaboration skills with a confirmed ability to work with both technical and business teams
- Comfortable with a dynamic, start-up type environment with a bias for action
- Knowledge of common digital marketing critical metrics and website and mobile app analytics tools
- Excel, Tableau, and SQL skills strongly preferred
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.