NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, NJ, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate.Email Marketing ManagerMeet AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn’t have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?The opportunity
This role is all about owning AppSumo’s email marketing flows. That means building and managing email flows for every stage of the marketing funnel.What you’ll be doing
- Building, managing, and optimizing automated flows, including, but not limited to, welcome series, partner onboarding, customer re-engagement, partner retention, and post-purchase
- Performing A/B tests on elements such as subject line, CTA, layout, and content
- Writing and proofreading copy within email templates
- Working with the design team to ensure responsiveness and accessibility of email layouts
- Brainstorming, researching, and implementing automation strategies for the entire customer and partner journey
- Crafting segments to target specific users and increase engagement
- Tracking and analyzing key targets to identify areas for improvement
- Collaborating cross-departmentally to create unified marketing strategies
- Handling the setup and scheduling of dedicated promotional campaigns as necessary
This is a unique role that requires creative thinking, attention to detail, and a deep understanding of email marketing funnels.Must-have skills
- 3+ years of email marketing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Klaviyo
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is preferred
- Highly organized, with the ability to quickly troubleshoot and analyze work
- Experience in fast-paced, high-volume multitasking roles and environments
- Passionate, inquisitive, and self-motivated individual who enjoys collaborating and working together with all levels
In the first three months of this role, success means taking over 100% of our automated email flows.Why work here?
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
$250 per month to treat yourself (Therapy, Yoga, Massages, Tacos, whatever helps you be you.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.