Email Marketing Manager
Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Email Marketing Manager to plan, build, and launch email campaigns. The ideal candidate for this position has a solid background in email marketing, strong analytical skills, and a desire to help with other marketing initiatives, as needed. This position works closely with members of the marketing, creative, merchandising, and Web development teams to achieve email, business, and customer growth objectives.
- Create and execute email marketing campaigns and programs that are aligned with overall marketing strategies aimed at driving revenue and increasing customer retention
- Develop lifecycle programs that drive the consumer journey through life’s major moments
- Identify editorial approaches that drive consumer value and relationship building
- Develop compelling product stories in partnership with merchandise and creative teams
- Closely collaborate with creative teams to push email executions
- Manage the email campaign process including planning, creative development, set-up, review, QA, deployment and reporting
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to ensure all business requirements are met.
- Proactively track, monitor, analyze and optimize campaign performance via aggressive testing methodologies
- Assist with the development of email marketing strategies, segmentation recommendations, and email test plans
- Contribute in other parts of the marketing organization, as needed
- 2+ years of email marketing experience
- 2+ years of online retail experience
- 4-year college degree required
- Experience with email marketing platforms (Oracle Responsys and Bluecore, a plus)
- Background in online marketing with an understanding of campaign performance tracking, email best practices, and data driven marketing tactics
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong project management skills
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment
- Enthusiastic about email and direct marketing with a passion for the customer
- Experience with a/b testing methodologies, preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML to make edits, preferred
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount