Global Channel Program Senior Manager
The Global Channel Program Senior Manager will be responsible for defining and driving program initiatives with Smartsheet’s channel partners. Smartsheet is looking for a creative channel leader to develop, plan and execute a range of initiatives to drive new revenue opportunities by working with current and to be recruited resellers. Additionally, this person will own the development of a new partner onboarding program. The successful candidate will work closely with channel account managers [CAMs] and the broader marketing organization taking the lead to expand our programs and activities with current partners globally, and also to recruit new partners. Key to success will be driving measurable revenue impact through channel partners.
This role requires someone who understands going to market with partners in a modern SaaS application environment. Our partners build unique solutions on our platform and need enablement help with: technical solutions, marketing, and sales. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated strong leadership skills, creativity, and strength with partner programs. Above all, Smartsheet is looking for someone who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a drive to succeed and a can-do attitude.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Global Channel Sales.
- Partner program development understanding. Skill at working cross functionally with a range of teams to leverage internal subject matter experts and functional leaders to engage and re-deploy content and programs in support of indirect channels to market. Understanding of the pro’s and con’s of channel program design and the push & pull of core program elements to achieve the desired outcome with each partner segment.
- Develop a new and comprehensive partner onboarding program. This to be built program will focus on technical product enablement, marketing enablement, and sales enablement of partners. This role will manage one resource who owns this program area.
- Co-marketing planning and execution with select partners leading to customer facing campaigns that demonstrably drive Smartsheet awareness and MQLs.
- Work cross functionally with internal teams to leverage select assets and campaigns that map to partner campaign needs. Build a scalable partner content library in multiple languages on the Smartsheet partner portal to help partners create pipeline.
- Create new Partner recruitment campaigns globally – with a focus on EMEA. Creatively target unique, high potential partner segments mapping to our ideal partner profiles.
- Establish quarterly marketing plans with key focus partners in conjunction with CAMs.
- Develop a knowledge-base of competitive best practices with SaaS partner models. Current “Gives & Gets” of other vendor partner programs.
- Manage team budget and MDF funds to ensure we are optimizing ROI via partners with our spend.
- Work to ensure Smartsheet brand and product messaging and creative are represented appropriately in channel partner programs
- Coordinate partner communication and outreach strategy to the Smartsheet channel ecosystem
- Leverage internal marketing activities, content and collateral to minimize rework in creating channel campaigns
- Lead and Coordinate partner presence and roles with our annual user conference - Engage.
- Manage partner portal content and drive partner usage
- Manage partner presence at annual user group conference.
- 10+ years of experience in partner programs, channel sales marketing and product management
- Relevant experience in SaaS and other cloud technologies
- Demonstrated success in both brand name and rapidly emerging technology companies
- Strong record of steady career progression
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.