Growth Marketing Manager at Smartsheet
You love digital marketing, A/B testing, and aligning content to the customer journey. Maybe you’ve done some of these things at a big company, and want to move faster and have more impact. Maybe you’ve done all these things and more at a startup, but haven’t worked at scale or haven’t had budget and support. Regardless, you should get to know Smartsheet.
Smartsheet (NYSE:SMAR) is a rapidly growing company that IPO’d in 2018. We serve over 77,000 domain-based customers, including over 70% of the Fortune 500. Recent accolades include:
- Positioned as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Collaborative Work Management Tools for the Enterprise, Q4 2018 report, published by Forrester Research, Inc.
- Named a “451 Firestarter” by industry analyst firm 451 Research in recognition of exceptional technology innovation
- Selected to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ for the fourth consecutive year
This growth is balanced by an award-winning culture (various “best workplace” awards) and a CEO approval rating (Glassdoor) at 99% as of 1/27/2019.
To support that growth, there’s increasing focus on acquiring more customers and retaining/expanding accounts via digital/automated channels. The scale of this space is exciting; tens of thousands of free trials every month, tens of millions of registered users, and an addressable market of every “knowledge worker” on planet earth! The real opportunity of this team is to make a material financial impact on an already impressive SaaS business.
We’re looking for a growth-minded digital marketer (Digital Sales Manager) to join our team. This role will focus on executing projects and programs to optimize Smartsheet’s growing self-serve, unmanaged (i.e. no contact with a Sales or Customer Success) business. The lifecycle of these projects will involve customer research, data analysis, hypothesizing, designing and documenting, guiding projects through various stages, and analyzing and presenting results. You will be involved in all phases of projects, so roll up your sleeves and be ready to learn on-the-fly. The key skill required is the ability to live in the intersection of data, Product, and marketing automation. Can you get people excited about working on your projects?
This position reports to our Senior Manager of Digital Sales and is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Use email marketing (campaigns, nurture drips, behavioral triggers) to increase the activation and retention rate of customers; especially in their first 30 days.
- Leverage in-application messaging to market to customers while they’re logged into Smartsheet
- Partner with Demand Generation, Marketing Automation, Website, UX Research, and Product Marketing to implement both short term and long-term initiatives
- Drive, lead and monitor A/B tests to optimize conversion and other key performance metrics
- 3+ years’ experience implementing growth marketing strategies, via conversion optimization, email marketing, marketing automation, or in-product messaging
- Experience with marketing digital products (e.g. software, SaaS)
- Experience analyzing data (via Excel, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to focus on both quantitative and qualitative data with appropriate balance
- Creativity to get the job done with real-world constraints
- Excellent teamwork and project management skills
- Strong communication skills – written, graphical, and verbal
- An achiever mindset – you are here to move fast, learn as you go, and make a huge impact
- All Smartsheet employees must be self-starters who can, with minimal guidance, drive projects from concept through completion
- Business acumen to understand the very broad Smartsheet customer base and business model and prioritize opportunities accordingly